Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Just Puttering Around

Can you believe it is already Ash Wednesday?!?  How this year seems to be flying by.  Thought I would just do a quick hop in to share what I have been up to.

I finished piecing my Easy Street and am waiting for stash enhancement supplies to arrive by post.  While I love to go fabric shopping, the vehicle situation in our household is insane lately.  Lets just say that there have been 4 lost transmissions and the old beat up plow truck which my DH used to use for off roading is now being used as his daily driver.  ;P 

I have a deep grape purple ordered and of course a turquoise polka dot.  Then I ordered an actual wide backing which is turquoise too which should be in at the end of the month.  But while I am hanging around I did work on re-trimming my flying geese from this project.

And I have been just dying to use some of my wonderful batik strips from group which I belong to.  Many of them are currently making a disappearing 9 patch.  But there was also talk of making a jewel box quilt so I drug out my stash and have created this chaos!

My cutting table

My dining room table

Just so I could end up with this.

Not too bad for an hours worth of work last night.  I don't like the layout but I have lot of other 4 patches to put together and I will go from there. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to visit.