Friday, March 15, 2013

Lazy Friday

It is Friday afternoon, the oldest minion should be arriving on the bus soon.  It has been a pretty quiet and productive day overall.  What did I get accomplished? 

Had breakfast with my DH.  He has taken a couple of vacation days to get some things accomplished around the farm.  Unfortunately it has involved me at times.  Moving tractors, cars, cars without engines, cars which barely run to a transmission shop.  You get the idea.
Took DH to have his haircut.

Since we got home, DH is hunkered down watching a movie, and I have had some time to myself since he has been entertaining the middle minion. 

I decided a bunch of prep work was in order today.  So I cut tons of parts for my Country Charmer Blocks for the Country Charmer QAL.

Labeled them by part.

Starched and ironed a bunch more to be cut.  I love starching it helps keep things so they don't seem to stretch as much, and you have a nice flat, stiff surface to work with. The strips are for Christa Quilts Hugs and Kisses QAL.



Cut some blocks for the Hugs and Kisses QAL. 

Anything extra has been trimmed into scrap units of 1, 1 1/2, 2, 2 1/2 inch squares, and 1 1/2, 2, 2/12 inch strips. 

And in the mail today I received my fabric I ordered for a strip swap.

I just love this batik.  I am Native American, and when I saw this I just had to buy a bunch.  If I understand the website this Batik is actually made by the people who own the shop in Sitka, Alaska.  The shop is Quilts With a Twist, and they have some wonderful patterns, and beautiful fabrics. 

I also received the things I ordered for my sister's Birthday, so I need to pick out something from my stash, and make a run to Joann's.  I need a zipper to make her a pouch to carry her tools that I purchased, and I need white thread.  How in the heck do you run out of white thread?  Maybe I should just bite the bullet and buy several at a time. Do you match your thread to your quilt when you are piecing?  Lately I have been using my thread and kind of choose a central color, theme and go for it.  I have so much thread from back in the day when I sewed dresses for school, proms, Easter, Christmas, I hate to see it just sit there and go to waste. 

Back to cutting parts some more.  See how much I get accomplished before the evening chores come round.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to visit.