Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April Goals

My great grandmother that raised me said that the years seemed to fly by.  Blink your eye and it was Christmas or my birthday.  I never understood how she truly felt, come on when you are little it seems like forever until your birthday, or spring break, or vacation.  Now with all the grandchildren it does seem like I blink and a year is up. I cannot believe it is April already.


To keep me grounded I am going to link up with the ever positive and encouraging Carrie at http://apassionforapplique.blogspot.com/



 And the most inspiring cheerleader Thearica at http://www.pigtalesandquilts.com/  where you can link up too. 
 Photobucket

 These two wonderful ladies are inspiring, and the best at encouraging.  They keep me focused, and they make such wonderful projects. 

My goals for April

1.  Work on Machine Quilting Easy Street 

2.  Chart and work on my Christmas Stocking Cuffs-  I have 6 to make for my mother's house and at least 2 for my home I have been putting this off....It means I have to sit still and watch TV then I get distracted.  Oh My!
3. Make Valances/Curtains for the family room This is one of my blocks which has the contrary wife.  They will look so cute in our little ole farmhouse.

4. Finish piecing my Hugs and Kisses Quilt top

5.  Finish piecing my Jewel box blocks I have 5 I think I want about 30 blocks

6.  Finish 2 pumpkins one for a gift and one for me (hey would free up a project box)
7.  2 Farmer's Wife Blocks per week so at least 9  I am off to a good start have two  made
Churn dash

Squash Blossom

8.  1 Country charmer block per week
9.  Catch up on the two mystery quilts
10.  Clean up the spare room for my parents visit at the end of the month.  T minus 28 before they arrive
11.  Finish trimming those darn geese from 30 years ago.

I love these challenges it keeps me focused!  What are you going to work on this month?


3 comments:

  1. I can't believe it is April already too.
    Oh, you have some great projects this month. Those barn blocks are the cutest things you are working on. Love your kisses quilt. thanks for the compliment and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your list! and thank you so much for linking up and including a shout out for the Monthly To Do List Linky Party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you'll be busy, Colette! I agree, time does go fast... these days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.