Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hugs and Kisses on a Stormy Tuesday

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  I didn't get much sewing but I did get a lot of other stuff done.

Friday night took the MIL to go and pick up a new loveseat and recliner, which meant that we had to remove the old couch, then rearrange her living room several times to get everything to fit.  Guess what came home and has taken up residence in the sun room?

Saturday DH worked on my car and I attempted to help him by mowing the lots, and playscape area.  Zero turn mower and me not a good combination but it has to be done at least once a week if not twice, and 3+ acres is a lot to mow. After my mowing fiasco I weeded one flower bed, and the day was pretty much finished.

Sunday I weeded the front hedge, then DH and I put down a new layer of mulch around the front edge after edging it really well, tilled the orchard, and the berry patch, took up a cement slab, and put down compost, removed buckets of river rock, and I started working on firewood for the winter. 

Monday we dug up all the sod for where the pool will go, then went to the movies to see Iron Man 3.  Then the rain came. It is supposed to be in the mid 80's and rainy and so far it has not disappointed today.  Thank goodness for the rain though.  It means I can work inside and not feel guilty.

I got the borders on my Hugs and Kisses Quilt from Christa's Quilt A Long.

Now I am waiting for my stash enhancement (the backing, and binding fabric which I ordered for this quilt).

I also figured out how to fix my Ginger Rose I am going to make some scrappy mountains I think I have more than enough scraps to make strips large enough to go and make the backing large enough. 

 I am also working on getting my computer fixed.  Now I need a new hard drive.  Luckily my computer has an extended warranty.  Unfortunately they sent a new hard drive, but no CD's to download the operating system or anything else.  LOL  So I will be waiting for that now. 

What are you working on this beautiful Tuesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to visit.