Monday, July 1, 2013

Where did June Go?

Can  you believe it that June is finished and this is July?  So how was your month?  Did you get somethings accomplished?  Um yeah  I crashed and burned like you would not believe! But I did a bunch of fun new things way out of my normal comfort zone and had an absolute blast.

Unfortunately I missed the link up to Carrie over at A Passion for Applique to show my finishes for June. I am going to call it a solid 2.  

My goals were simple, until life happened.  :D

1.  At least work on the quilting of my ginger rose quilt.  I got about one block done.  Then it got hot, and I did not have the patience to wrestle with that huge quilt through my domestic machine.  It is cooler now, and so I think I am ready to tackle it again.  So yes I did work on it a bit I can put a check by it!!!



2.  No family room curtains but I have a super cute tractor to throw into the mix, and a new barn with a silo and some awesome ideas.  Now just to implement them.



No these are not the ones for the curtains but you get the idea.

3.  No work on the yellow brick road quilt.
4.  This one I accomplished and am most proud of.  My first real foray into paper piecing.

Now to just get this one sandwiched and quilted.

What other fun stuff did I do this past month?  Oh I know!

We welcomed my newest nephew Pablo Frederick Beck to the world.  He weighed in at a whopping 10 lbs 4 oz, and was 22 inches tall and has a cranium of 15 1/2 inches.




I made my DH a mug rug for father's day and tried some new techniques. Photo printing on fabric, and a dresden plate.

Some major rearranging of my sewing room, and the documenting of more UFO.
Played with a curve master presser foot and experimented with some of these babies to make a drunkard's path quilt.

And made my DH sweet cheese pierogis for the first time.
Finally I went way out of my comfort zone and committed to a blog hop.  The Put a Stamp on it Blog Hop is in progress over at Sew We Quilt!




1 comment:

  1. that tractor is super cute.
    for some reason I can't see the picture of the baby even though I hit the refresh button. maybe next time I pop in. He was a big baby!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.