Saturday, September 21, 2013

Just Keep Sewing

I am still around.  Just working on my projects for the Twisting to the 60's with Batiks.

Here is a little preview of some of my project. 

I started another project, well 2 actually.  I spent a couple of hours going through my batik stash to try to find enough fabric to make the project. 

Out of all this I only had 4 pieces which went together which would be big enough to make what I wanted.  After all the cutting, and trimming I ended up with a ton of little HST which I started sewing together. 



Just some of the shavings after I started to square them up. 

I have a bunch more to go.

 All trimmed up.  I have a plan for these little babies.

I added to my turquoise/teal batik stash for my jewel box.  After going through my stash, I need to add to it some blues, and gold/amber/browns, and more greys.  
I also saw this super cute little charm stacker by Riley Blake called Camp-A-Lot by Bo Bunny which would make a wonderful little quilt for a boy. 
While I have been cutting, and sewing I have also managed to read/listen to a couple of books which is very relaxing too. 

I have at least 5 quilts to quilt at this point in time.  One is in my machine, another one needs to be sandwiched.  That does not even take in consideration the other two projects that I am working on.  Starting Sunday night I have a very busy work week.  I better get twistin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to visit.