Saturday, September 28, 2013

September Finishes

I think fall is finally upon us.  The weather sure does not feel like it though.  We usually have frost by now, but still pretty mild.  Yesterday I sat on the new porch and unsewed a line of quilting because the backing got a wrinkle.

I am linking up with Carrie over at A Passion for Applique with her Nothing but UFO's
My goals for the month of September were.

1.  Donation quilts.  I have the fabric, and started working on one today finally. After some divine inspiration.  Amazing what you can come up with if you look at a picture.
Done-  Marisol was completed, quilted and I made a trip to the LQS to donate. Woohoo it is nice to complete something once in a while.

2.  Pin Cushion Blog hop.  I made one project and just finished up a second yesterday!  No pics until the big reveal.  I have one more that I would love to make so depending on how things turn.  I may do more.


I made 3.  You can see more information about these in my blog post.  Done

3.  Ginger Rose---she is still sitting on the dining room table.  I am accumulating quilt tops and backs but not much quilting.---still pining away on the dining room table shoved to the side as I finish a few other quilts
4.  8 blocks for farmer's wife.  I seem to be able to accomplish that each month.  I worked so much more than I expected this month so not even one done.  111 block and I have like 33 done.  I am not even half way, but they are great blocks to work on my piecing. Just not much time this past month.
5.  Jewel Box it is floundering but I am going to get going on that soon. I would like to get this done so I can start another project or two. 
6. Country Charmer ---Oh heck I love the blocks will I get it finished for the big finale in November?  Highly unlikely
7. Curtains for my family room.  1 done, one hanging out waiting for more time to sew and quilt.  :\
8.  Lazy Sunday Mystery not so much a mystery anymore I would like to get it caught up and finished.
9.  Twisting to the 60's with Batiks blog hop.   This one I am working on the projects.  My day is not until October 2nd so you will have to come back again to see the "big reveal".  Let's just say that I have 3 projects in the works if they will all be completed will depend on my quilting and binding ability today since I work a double tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday....I better get crackin'.


Did you finish any of your UFO's that have been languishing on the shelf for years?

4 comments:

  1. I went to a quilt retreat and and finished up two tops! You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a lot done this month. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You finished some great projects here! The quilt is adorable and I love those pumpkins! Preety pincushion too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-- you've been busy! LOVE the pincushions... I definitely need to put those designs on my list-- they're both so cute! Congrats on all of the great progress! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.