Monday, November 4, 2013

Day 2 of Thankfulness and Procrastination

Day 2 I am going to say I am Thankful for blessing which are received even though it isn't your answer to your prayer.  Garth Brooks has a song called "I Thank God for Unanswered Prayers."  I will explain more on my next post for day 3, but I am thankful that the higher power knows what is better for me than I do for myself at times. 

I boldly stated in this post that I would try to quilt for one hour every day beginning Monday. Well today is the day and have I done it yet?  Nope!  I even went as far as vacuuming my sewing room, and the living room to procrastinate.  My plan was to work on some sewing in the morning, and quilt after lunch. 

I finished up 2 barns that I was short.
The basket barn which I switched up the fabrics and I love how it turned out.

The canning jars barn. 

The next barn is a pumpkin and I need 30 1 1/2" squares of orange.  I started digging through my 1 1/2" squares, move to the 1 1/2 inch strips, then the 2 inches squares, 2 inch strips and finally the 2 inch squares and 2 1/2 inch strips.  Would you believe I could only come up with 19 from my scraps and even some of them are a bit iffy  I think. 

I started digging through my stash and I managed to find 11 more which I think will work. 

I just have to start cutting.  But not until I go do my quilting.  I feel like a kid who is told they can't go outside to play until they have practiced their piano.  Oh well there is always after I finish my hour of quilting, and tomorrow after work.  Oh and it appears that the barns with Silos if any of you are making them, she is only going to post 9 so I only have to wait for those last 2.  Off to quilt!




2 comments:

  1. I love the new version of your basket barn, and all those orange fabrics are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say Amen to your paragraph on thankfulness.
    I just love that red silo. perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.