Monday, February 24, 2014

Spring Cleaning

I needed to clean my cutting table sew bad it was almost embarrassing.

Patterns, tools, rulers, orphan blocks or parts of blocks, and a pile of scraps that needed to be cleaned up and cut down to more manageable units.

After the clean up.  I still have a couple of patterns and my rulers but at least I can lay my hands on a pair of scissors, or a seam ripper if I need one.  I need to figure out what to do with my rulers.

What I found while I was cleaning?
Piles of 4 patches which did not go into the Jewel box quilt.  I took some of them apart to use the batiks in my current quilt.  But I still have a pile of these left, and I found some more in the dining room while cleaning today!




Oodles of HST some sewn together and squared up,others not.  I finally broke down and bought a plastic box to corral  these bad boys.



A bag of flying geese.
Some more bit and pieces. Majestic Mountain blocks, drunkard's path, triangle in triangles. 

Have you ever had lots of orphan bits and pieces?  What did you do with them?  Maybe I should make a quilt with them someday. 

I got a parcel of goodies which I won during the She Who Sews blog hop.  This  give away was from Baa's Amazing Adventures.

All the way from New Zealand!



Gorgeous fat quarters, kitty buttons and this lovely pattern which I think looks like oodles of fun.  Also the Lumps which I shared with DH.  They are soooo good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping in to visit.