Friday, April 11, 2014

Oh Enough!

After showing the horrendous mess I made while stash shopping the other day I realized that I had also spread the mess into the stairway, the dining room, the family room (in 3 different spots no less) and onto the sun porch.

I decided it was time to get control of these scraps.  I swear that they multiply overnight in the dark!

I had this pile on the dining room table.
This pile on my cutting table in my sewing room.
This pile
and this pile on the floor.
And this pile and
This pile on my ironing board.

Where to start?
Load up a book on my Kindle
Clean up the sewing machine table
By pushing the machine back and layout my boxes and bins
Crumbs
2 1/2 and 2 inch strips
1 1/2 inch strips, 2 1/2 inch squares, 5 inch squares, 2 inch squares, 1 1/2 inch, 1 inch squares and strips, selvedges.

Then clean up the patterns and put them away.
Put up my blocks for quilts I am working on.
And start pressing and cutting.  I made a teeny tiny dent.  

I think I may need to dedicate a couple of hours a day to scrap management.  Also i am going to attempt the fabric folding so I have a better grasp of what is in my stash.  I ordered some comic book boards, I have this neat wall cabinet to refinish for some fabric storage which should work nicely too.  I have a plan, now to implement.


3 comments:

  1. You have some nice scraps to clean up! I love the fabric you have on your ironing board! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have such a hard time controlling scraps too. I agree that they multiply when no one is looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, I started and then looked on my kindle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.