Monday, July 7, 2014

Val's 2nd Annual Piggy Bank Challenge = Money for Quilting Challenge

While you read your favorite blogs do you notice other people's comments?  Do you see other bloggers and wander over to check out what they are up to?  Or possibly start to follow them? 

I see Val from Val's Quilting Studio  commenting on blogs I read.  I have wandered over to see what she is up to occasionally.  Sunday I was invited to join her Piggy Bank Challenge.  What a wonderful idea!  DH throws change all over in the cars, the kitchen, bathroom, and I am constantly picking it up.  I just need to put it somewhere other than a solo cup on the counter.  I decided that my "bank" is going to be a half gallon canning jar.

I cleaned out the floor of the truck today and I found $.47 so far!  That was just on the driver's side! 

While I normally use my debit card I think it is a great way to see how much spare change I accumulate in a year. 

It is fun reading about Val's competition with her hubby.  Why don't you come on and join in see how much you can save in a year.  You can read all about it here.   




7 comments:

  1. hubs and I have been doing that for years only we save together. we put all our change in an empty popcorn tin and then when it gets to being full we roll the coins to see what is there. we have filled the freezer with meat with the money and also used some to go out to eat. that is something we would never do so it is special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DH has a huge pile of change on his desk... hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea - since I'm the one who does the laundry here I get all the change left in pockets. Seems only fair to me. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always do save change, hadn't though about buying fabric with it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck. I hope you fill the jar many times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Guy at least puts the change in one of the compartments in the console. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get to pick the change out of the washing machine after hubby does his wash (he washes his own work clothes separately as they are usually VERY dirty). I mostly use my visa to pay for things but somehow there is still always a lot of change around the house!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.