September 2, 2014. The beginning of a new school year for those that have children that age. The morning is drizzly and cooler than it has been the past few days. My goals for August were pretty light overall but I don't feel like I got a long way. With the Ancient Ones next door, DH working lots of overtime after the floods/sewage backups in the city I was busy but didn't seem to produce much finished product.
1. Challenge Quilt I found my inspiration. I have chose my fabrics and am currently cutting. I am this far.
2. Farmer's Wife. I would love to finish up my blocks. I have about 14 more to finish.
3. Aurifil Block of the month. Have you seen it?(This is last months)
It was designed by Michele Foster of Quiltinggallery.com!
4. Drunkards path finish up a few more blocks. Maybe I should work on getting all my pieces cut out in the evenings.
5. I have a quilt for the guild charity which needs quilting. I can choose to bind it or not.
6. I need to figure out which quilt I am going to take to the guild show and quilt, label and bind. What do you think?
I decided on the quilty barns...so I finished the label
Oh I also entered
Oh I didn't mention these things that I did get accomplished.
Learned to drive the big tractor and mow the field to help DH.
Weeded several big wagon loads of weeds out of the gardens and flower beds.
Snapped and canned 21 quarts of green beans.
And I have slowed down to do a little embroidery in the mornings. I finished two this month.
I also read/listened to 5 books, and got sucked into Dr. Who, and watched several episodes.
Maybe I am being a bit hard on myself and I got more accomplished than I seem to think. That is what is so great for me to list my goals monthly. My goals didn't really go out the window, they just teetered on the brink.