Monday, October 6, 2014

It's My Turn

I was tagged by both Kris at Kris Loves Fabric and Barbara from Wont-To-Be Quilter for the Around the World Blog Hop.  I had to really think about this one. 

1.  What Am I Working On?
I am always working on many different projects at one time.  I like to do a block or two a month and even though I plug along I usually finish a couple of quilts a year.

I have a lattice quilt that I am making from a Bali Pop.
A Drunkard's Path Quilt which will be red and white.
These are just a couple of the projects I am working on currently.

2.  How Does My Work Differ from Others?
I like traditional, but also more modern quilts too.  Will I join the crowd?  Sometimes, but other times I kind of march to the beat of my own drummer.  I do love scrappy though!
My Quilty Barns at Midway Farms which I recently finished.
Tropical Shores Tubix

Farmer's wife blocks.

I also like to try some new things like
Pin cushions
Pouches
And Table Runners


3.  Why Do I Create What I do?

I make what I love.  I am the mother to 3 daughters and when they were little I made most of their clothes.  Anything from shorts to prom dresses.  Quilting gives me another outlet to sew.  I love to put different fabrics together and match and I am really enjoying learning to quilt. 

4.  How does my creative process work?

I see something and want to make it, but with my own fabric and color choices.  Back in the day when I started I did a couple of BOM, but I really do like to take a pattern and make it my own.  But occasionally I like to go really traditional like my drunkard's path. 

I want to thank Kris and Barbara for inviting me, and unfortunately I cannot seem to find anyone who has not participated in the Around the World Blog Hop so unfortunately this leg of the hop will end at the Fortress of Solitude.

I love being part of the online quilting community and love the inspiration and encouragement that I receive and hopefully I encourage and inspire others.

6 comments:

Missy Shay said...

I did not tag anyone either in my post. I am so terrible, I totally forgot to write my post until after 7pm!

QuiltSue said...

Thanks for sharing a little bit of yourself with us. It's always great to learn more about our blogging friends.

krislovesfabric said...

Thanks for playing :)

Lesley said...

You always amaze me with your many projects. Love them all.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I hadn't seen the strawberry pin cushion before. Cute. Don't worry, I only tagged 1 person.

sewyouquilt2 said...

you always inspire me. I cant believe how much you get done! it is nice to learn about our blogging friends. love your projects