I was working on a quilt on the frame when I ran out of bobbin thread. I had used all the bobbins I had prewound so it was time to wind some more, but I didn't want to unthread the machine and take it off of the quilt to wind the bobbins, I also had some bobbins that I had wound from my previous attempts with the Husqvarna/Viking that I could use if I had a way to unwind them.
I had previously used my singer 66 to wind some bobbins and it worked marvelous, but it has a quilt on it getting quilted and I didn't want to remove it either.
I thought about the my new to me Industrial which has this nifty separate bobbin winder, but I could not find a spool pin which was small enough to hold the bobbins which I needed to unwind and rewind, it would not sit correctly and I didn't want to take a chance on breaking it. Not even a cone thread holder would work.
I have lots of quilts to quilt and so I knew I needed to get crackin'! I wanted to work on the guild charity quilt and had enough pantograph to do a row but the cabinet the machine is in is a bit sticky because the wood was not taken care of, the cabinet was what was an original barn find with a singer 15-91 in it. It opens up nice and large, but I wanted to use the 15-91 on my quilting frame. DH moved the 66 which was in a small flimsy type cabinet which was pretty beat up to the cabinet that the 15-91 was in, which gave me plenty of room to quilt. But I just could not get the quilt to slide. I have a supreme slider but it is on the machine on the quilting frame. While I was in the kitchen it hit me that bakers use parchment paper because nothing really seems to stick to it. I had just enough to cover the bed of the machine.