While I love doing the project for the We Support You Blog Hop, I had a hard time getting a whole lot accomplished this month other than that project. I have been trying to make sure I get lots of rest with my early schedule, and the cold to try to remain healthy so not much going on.
Today I started to clean up my sewing room. I put away all of the yardage which I had sitting around tha tI was not using. I also put away a bunch of the scraps I had cut up. I also finished cutting all of the parts for step 2 in the Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt...which is no longer a mystery.
I got all of my little rhombi (I think that is the plural of rhombus) cut out, I needed to cut out 200 of them! After getting a bunch cut out I discovered that I had made a slight cutting error.
Today I also prepared the backing for my basket case quilt, and started to load the quilt on my frame.
***Reminder: Do not go to the grocery store on the Saturday before Super Bowl it is insane.
While writing this post I realized I did not do my monthly goals for January....but this is what I finished.
Aurifil block of the month for December 2014. I was not thrilled with it but it is finished.
here. There was a lot of embroidery in this quilt, and I did the quilting too.
I also played with some of the Christmas fabrics which I bought and made this cute Christmas ornament.
While not much sewing was completed, DH and I managed to prime and paint the ceiling in the dining room, finished painting the dining room walls, moved the family room furniture to the dining room, put new underlay flooring down in the family room, moved the quilter to the family room, a 2nd couch to the sun room porch and the china cabinet to the family room which was not an easy task.