The first day of March and I slept in! To 7:30 am which is a good thing. I looked out the window and it was snowing. Argh! OK what do you do? DH was going to make me breakfast but he was called into work. So I decided I would work on some unstitching, creating a couple of posts for the blog, and some sewing.
What can I do that is exciting for the month of March?
1. One of the high on the list tasks is to sew up a test block for my guilds bag lady group. I chose a block, now I need to shop the stash and figure out what fabrics I want my quilt made out of.
2. Farmer's Wife quilt- Keep sashing and making corner stones. I ordered some fabric for the setting squares which should be here in a couple of days. They didn't have enough, but I will wait until more comes in and order some more and pray the dye lots are close.
3. Grand Illusion step 3 I keep cutting, trimming and sewing and don't seem to be making a whole lot of progress, but maybe it is because I have been using a lot of scraps in it too.
4. Quilt Group Blocks- They are starting a new project this year, but I don't think I will join. I have a lot of things to work on finishing up. I think I have several more blocks to make to have all of the blocks made, and 5 more connector blocks to be ready to sew it together.
6. My slow stitching is still my words of wisdom blocks, and my tractor cross stitch.
7. Yellow brick road I would love to get finished at least the blocks and it put together.
8. Drunkard's Path I love the simplicity of the block just need to settle down a bit.
9. Aurifil BOM for 2014 I need to get the blocks prepped for the setting.
10. I think I need to do something new but can't quite figure out what yet. Sometimes something fresh helps your spirit.
I know a long list but when I look at the list and see what I accomplish it makes me smile, and also helps keep me on track. I think that right now I am kind of in one of those loops where I have had so many projects that finished at once and now it is getting the "business" portion of those projects finished that will help get it to the flimsy stage. I don't live and die by my goals, nor am I too harsh when I don't hit every one. It is a fun way to keep me on task.
When you make goals are you a stick to em' type of goal maker or are they just a mere suggestion and you will go with the flow type of goal maker.