Monday, May 4, 2015

A Trip On the Yellow Brick Road with The Pug Mom


I have whined, complained and groused about the yellow brick road quilt I have been working on F-O-R-E-V-E-R.  There was something about the pattern that just didn't click in my head.

Maybe it was the fact that I started this quilt almost a decade ago.  Therefore I could not remember if I was making a twin, full, or queen.  Maybe it was that some of my FQ were not true FQ.  Throw in the fact that I was also using scraps from my scrap baskets and it added another level of difficulty.  Nancy at Pug Mom Quilts sent me a cheat sheet to help me unravel the mysteries of the Yellow Brick Road pattern.

Thursday and Friday I started cutting, and sewing, and counting using Pug Mom's cheat sheet she sent me, and by the end of the day on Friday I had all of my squares completed!

Saturday I laid all of the squares out in a way that I think will be pleasing.

By Saturday afternoon I had the top all sewn together.
I am going to do borders a bit different on this one, but I am pretty pleased with the way it looks. 

Thank you Pug Mom for traveling the yellow brick road with me, and showing me the way. 


6 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh what a great looking piece--it ends up looking so modern and free form! I love how you put it together.Just perfect. And ask me how i know when something just doesn't click or feel right..lol hugs, Julierose

Baa. xxx said...

Wow! Look at how it turned out! Dorothy would be proud! It looks so happy and bright - love it!

barbara woods said...

Love it, hugs

barbara woods said...

Love it, hugs

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Yea!

Carrie P. said...

Yay! it looks great.