Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Where Did You See That?

Do you ever see an idea, and then forget where you saw it?  Do you save things and forget what you saved them for?  Does your spouse look at you and ask why are you saving that?

I have a bag of these plastic sacks.  I asked DH to save them for me, and he just looks at me and shakes his head.  I have a plan! I keep telling him. 

I am still working on my tumblers as leaders and enders.  As I cut for other things, scraps I cut into tumblers.

I figured instead of making huge rows, I would make strips of 10, and when I have enough to make a quilt I will start sewing them into rows.  I love the variety that I have. 




I am not the only one that finds things though.  DH found this in the garbage pit.
This is a really cool old trunk.  Yes someone put a hasp lock on it, but it still  has the tray in the top even.  I think it needs some cleaning, and possibly a redo.  But it is very cool. 




10 comments:

  1. Yes, I save too many things! Great idea about the tumblers. I have sewn some into long rows but now I am not sure how big of a quilt I want to make. Love the trunk! Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun trunk and I spy Mama Said Sew in those tumblers, always a great choice ;) I am anxiously awaiting their Part Deux on that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great trunk. I save lots of things, but, I prefer to leave as many plastic bags at the stores as I can (I hate to collect them then have to get rid of them). I have heard about making (knitting maybe) blankets with strips of plastic bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use plastic bags in all the small trash cans in our house

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the trunk! Great find! Yep, lots of stuff saved around here for 'another day'

    ReplyDelete
  6. That trunk is very cool, can't wait to see how pretty it gets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tumblers. I've cut out 3... so far. I've been trying to use up my Millennium charm squares as leaders and enders. The trunk will be gorgeous when your DH is done. He finds the best stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always forgetting where I see things and so I try to add them to Pinterest when I remember to do that. :O) Love the trunk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know those questions at the start of your post? Well, I have to say "yes" to all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've yet to make a tumlber quilt but am inspired to make an eye spy one afrer seeing yours. ::)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.