Sunday, March 13, 2016

Roll With It

There are times in your life you don't feel like you have a whole lot to say/or share.  Then there are times when things just roll.



The quilt guild friendship block is called Dottie. I understand it is a Moda Bakeshop Pattern I hope this link works.  Dottie

Look more purple!

I also managed to finish 2 6 blocks from the Allietare NSMQAL (Not So Mystery Quilt Along).
One of the gray and red, and 5 of the red, gold and black.  I have been kind of doing them as a leader and enders while I am working on other things. 

I made the Twinkle Star for the bag lady block for quilt guild.  Bag lady is when you select a pattern and about 4 or 5 yards of fabric.  Each month you get a new bag and you make your pattern out of the fabric in that bag.  At the end of 9 months you have 9 blocks.  The fabrics in this bag were just black on white, white on black and white flannels.  I think this one was much more a study in value, and it turned out pretty well. 

I also finished my purple block for RSC in the Saw Toothed Square pattern,and of course we have to have the obligatory picture of all the blocks.

I have been cleaning up scraps, and cutting them into strips. 
I cut 5 inch strips, 2 1/2 inch, 2 inch, and 1 1/2 inch strips. Some of the 2 1/2 inch strips are made into tumblers, and anything smaller is thrown into a strings box, and all the trimmings which cannot be used are put into a pet bed.  I am making a small dent in my scraps, but I have a long way to go.



9 comments:

  1. love your Dottie block and those saw tooth squares. pretty neat. the black and white block is interesting too. you have been a busy gal for sure.
    I spent the weekend setting up my screen room and patio and waiting for the window guy. he didnt show......gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrr..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the purple with the dots!!! Soooo when ya make a pet bed...do ya just save the scraps and then make, like a pillowcase style bed??? Though Jackson sometimes perfers to sleep in my laundry, we have pet beds in everyroom!! :)I like this idea of saving scraps for a pet bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been away from the computer for the last few weeks so just checked out your posts. Your Allietare blocks look wonderful. It should go together quickly now that you have the parts all done. Your purples are so pretty. That is one color that is lacking in my scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Bag Lady block is my favorite. The rest are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have so many projects going...I do the same thing! Your purples are lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks! I LOVE the black and white one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.