Saturday, November 18, 2017

November Thankful Day 19

Are you still trudging along with my thankful posts.  To tell you the truth I started doing this because I was struggling recently and I was given a task to write down 1 things I was thankful for every day.  It is supposed to help heal your negative mind set.  I will admit that I struggled to even think of one or two things.  But here I am on day 19 and I still have things that I am thankful for.

19.  November 19.  I am thankful for flowers.  I love to grow flowers, and my flowers make me smile.  I usually have a pretty green thumb.  Things grow for me, but here.....well just reference this post (Conan the Plant Destroyer) or (He's Back).  My apple trees actually had apples this year.  I got 2-3 to eat.  Until the boys discovered them, and they were gone.  When I see some plants now I just smile. 

These are lily of the valley.  I have been told they are invasive.  I dug up a bunch from the front of the house a couple of years ago and planted them back along the garage.  A year or so ago, Jeff came home with a 5 gallon bucket full of them and Hosta from work.  When I saw them blooming this year it made me smile.  My husband thought of me constantly and rescued these plants because he knew I loved them. 

18.  November 18-  I am thankful for blogging and the friends I have made

17.  November 17-  I am thankful for quilting. 

16.  November 16-  I am thankful for Calder's Dairy and Egg nog.  Every year they have some limited edition glass bottles printed.  This year they are recognizing one of their suppliers.


15.  November 15-  I am thankful for my options to worship

14.  November 14-  I am thankful for my Kindle and all the books that I have the opportunity to read, and the local library.  I can listen to my Kindle while sewing.  I have read over 140 books so far this year. 

13.  November 13.  I am thankful for Lucy the cat.

12.  November 12--I am thankful for Bobbin

11.  November 11  I am thankful for my tenacious character to get things done.  Remember the sump pump baptism?


10.  November 10--I am thankful for fall.
9.  November 9 I am thankful for saved items.  Maybe I should call them hoarded items.

Jeff rescued these from the "pit" at work.  They are a great size, and one sits below my entertainment center with kids videos in it.

8.  November 8--I am thankful for music.

7.  November 7-- I am thankful for the Boy Scout organization.

 6.  November 6--I am thankful that I can shop online.
I will explain what these fabrics are for in a later post.

5.  November 5--I am thankful that I could get new doors in my home to add more light.

4.  November 4.   I am thankful for coffee.

3.  November 3.  I am thankful for the roof over my head.  I love falling asleep to the rain on the standing seam steel roof which is over 150 years old.

2.  November 2.    I am thankful for the fact my feet hit the floor every morning, whether I want to get out of bed or not.

1.  November 1.  I am thankful for every morning I wake up--too many people don't get to see the light of another day.  Thinks about it how would you act if you knew that today was your last day on Earth?  Today is a gift.  Tomorrow is not promised.  



6 comments:

  1. funny isnt it how many things you can think of that you are thankful for. some just never think about it. I try to because it helps keep me outta the pity party pit. LOL great post. love lily of the valley too. mine is in a bed of poison ivy that I will have to have taken out next Spring UGH they are so delicate and small the deer ate my hosta but they are fun to watch and get hungry too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily of the Valley is just so delicate--I love them along with Bleeding Hearts--two of my favorite flowers...I have a thriving section of the BH's but Lily of the Valley won't grow for me...;((( hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lily of the Valley is a very invasive flower. Have it growing in the backyard and we cut it back every year. I love the delicate white flowers. It is the flower for those born in May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never had any of it, may be bad if so Tommy would hate it

    ReplyDelete
  5. What would the world be like without flowers? I wish we could grow the Lily of the Valley here. I remember them from growing up in the Midwest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love flowers too. But no green Fi gets here. Grandma is our Gardener.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.