Monday, November 20, 2017

November Thankful Day 21

Are you keeping up with me?  I bet you thought there is no way that she can come up with 30 things to be thankful for.  And lookie here I am at day 21!

21.  November 21-  I am thankful for my family.  I was blessed with a wonderful mother and father, a sister, brother, and 3 gorgeous daughters, and 9 grandchildren. 

My mom and dad

Eight of the 9 grandkids.  Left to right....Gabriel, Xander, Lillian, Finley, Aubri, Gabriella, Karena, and Cayden.  One grand daughter Lela has chose to live with her mother at this time.
My sister and the grandson Cayden when he was 9 months old.

My sweet brother, Kyle that came when Jeff died, even though he was in the middle of buying a home and bringing it up to code. 

My beautiful Sister in law Nikole, my nephew Pablo on the far right, and cutie patootie niece Violet on the left. 

The Crew picture part 2 with all the daughters, some of the husbands, and kids.
Left to Right-  Back Row-  Kathryn the oldest daughter, Finley (the youngest daughters youngest boy), Lillian (Kathryn's oldest daughter, John (the youngest daughters significant other), Samantha ( Youngest daughter, Rebecca (Middle daughter) , Rebeca's significant other (Chris).
Front Row Let to Right--Xander (Samantha's oldest son), Aubri (Kathryn's youngest daughter), Gabriel (Samantha's middle boy), Gabriella (Samantha's daughter), Karena (Rebecca's middle daughter), and Cayden (Rebecca's son).

The only other one I am missing is Tristin my sisters teenage son.

I am thankful for each and every one of these people.  I love them more than they will ever know. 

My favorite picture Cayden and Finn talking about how they were not impressed with Papa Curly's giant pink chicken in his yard, it was just creepy.  :D 

20.   November 20- Heritage  I wrote that my mother and a cousin wrote a book tracing our lineage back to the Abenaki Indians in upstate New York. 


19.  November 19-  I am thankful for flowers
I get so excited when the daffodils start to bloom!  Love the pops of yellow after the long winter.

18.  November 18-  I am thankful for blogging and the friends I have made

17.  November 17-  I am thankful for quilting
My turkey table runner.

16.  November 16-  I am thankful for Calder's Dairy and Egg nogg

15.  November 15-  I am thankful for my options to worship

14.  November 14-  I am thankful for my Kindle and all the books that I have the opportunity to read, and the local library.  I can listen to my Kindle while sewing.  I have read over 140 books so far this year. 
One of my mother's friends, sent me this book after Jeff died.  I just started reading it. 


 13.  November 13.  I am thankful for Lucy the cat.

 12.  November 12--I am thankful for Bobbin

 11.  November 11  I am thankful for my tenacious character to get things done.
Samantha and I got the pool up and running this summer for the kids to swim.

10.  November 10--I am thankful for fall.
This is one of my favorite photos of a hickory tree on our property.  This year it harbored a hawks nest. 

9.  November 9 I am thankful for saved items.  Maybe I should call them hoarded items.
Jeff brought this rooster home after finding it in.....yes, the pit at work.  It hangs on the wall in the mud room.

8.  November 8--I am thankful for music.
The one and only time Jeff and I ever danced was to this song.  Even though he didn't dance, when this song came on he drug me to the dance floor.  I can't even begin to tell you how much it meant to me, because I knew how much he absolutely hated to dance.

 7.  November 7-- I am thankful for the Boy Scout organization.

 6.  November 6--I am thankful that I can shop online.

5.  November 5--I am thankful that I could get new doors in my home to add more light.

4.  November 4.   I am thankful for coffee.

3.  November 3.  I am thankful for the roof over my head.  I love falling asleep to the rain on the standing seam steel roof which is over 150 years old.

2.  November 2.    I am thankful for the fact my feet hit the floor every morning, whether I want to get out of bed or not.

1.  November 1.  I am thankful for every morning I wake up--too many people don't get to see the light of another day.  Thinks about it how would you act if you knew that today was your last day on Earth?  Today is a gift.  Tomorrow is not promised. 







6 comments:

  1. Such a big, beautiful family :) Easy to see the love in these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are amazing me with keeping up with your Thankfulness posts--I am happy that you have such a lovely big family. We, here are a smaller group, but loved as well...
    Happy Thanksgiving,,,hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so much family to be thankful for, Colette. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on making it to #21. Great family photos. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.