Wednesday, November 8, 2017

November Thankful Day 9

If you are looking for an "I like post" with LeeAnn of Not Afraid of Color--this week I am going to just roll it all into my November Thankful post for Thursday.  Hope that is alright with her. 

I think because for so long I lived in an apartment and moved from place to place there were many things that I did not keep.  I didn't have the space, and frankly moving stuff when you move often sucks. 

Enter Jeff who had lived in the same house for 20+ years.  If Jeff saw something he thought he may eventually need especially if it was in the garbage pit at work and free, he would snag.  Whenever we worked on the house I would encourage Jeff to keep things like moulding, doors, windows, curtain rods, etc.

Last Friday my new french doors were installed.  They were a bit larger than the slider that was taken out.  The installer went to put the moulding up and realized that because the door was bigger he needed a larger piece.  He asked if I happened to have any more of the moulding around the door.  I told him wait a second, and headed to the basement.  On the old workbench is a pile of moulding and after shuffling through I found 3 pieces that matched and one which was pretty long.  I brought it upstairs and handed it to the man.  It was perfect.

9.  November 9 I am thankful for saved items.  Maybe I should call them hoarded items.  LOL


 Here you can see a better picture of my new doors and the trim.   Which I was lucky enough to have some saved.

8.  November 8--I am thankful for music
I saw this young man on Facebook today and thought WOW he is truly talented.   It is awesome to see young talent.

7.  November 7-- I am thankful for the Boy Scout organization.

6.  November 6--I am thankful that I can shop online.  I bought some new boots and they arrived today.  I have had to purchase a bit nicer clothes so that I can attend church.



5.  November 5--I am thankful that I could get new doors in my home to add more light.

4.  November 4.   I am thankful for coffee.   I love my coffee, I don't have to have Starbucks that is my special treat coffee, which I don't indulge in often.  Also helps I live in a rural area and the closest Starbucks are about 10-15 miles away.  I always have a pot on.

3.  November 3.  I am thankful for the roof over my head.  I love falling asleep to the rain on the standing seam steel roof which is over 150 years old.

2.  November 2.    I am thankful for the fact my feet hit the floor every morning, whether I want to get out of bed or not.

1.  November 1.  I am thankful for every morning I wake up--too many people don't get to see the light of another day.  Thinks about it how would you act if you knew that today was your last day on Earth?  Today is a gift.  Tomorrow is not promised. 


8 comments:

  1. Love those doors, and that quilt ladder filled with your quilts! Boots are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez. You are making me feel guilty. Terry IS a hoarder. Three stall garage plus full! I used to tell him to get rid of stuff. Now I just figure the kids can do it when we are gone, lol.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like your idea and the format! Every day one quite normal and positive thing to be thankful for. Good for all of us to share with you. The french doors are charming, and love that you had the hoarded, kept just in case trim!!!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to see something saved come in handy...I never know what to save but usually it's not what I should have :) Love your new boots! They would be good this morning, it's so chilly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother-in-law is a builder and remodeler and he is the king of saving and repurposing materials from job to job! I think that is such a great idea, and good for the earth! Your door is looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love saved things too! Your french doors are LOVELY! So glad you had the molding! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my Mark would say its not hording it's storing for future use! Brilliant you had the extra trim. In our old little house there was space to store stuff under the house. It was chocka full of stuff. I used to tease him that the house was getting taller!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.