Wednesday, February 21, 2018

I Like Thursday #15

I have had a couple of busy weeks.  But amazingly enough I haven't taken many pictures of anything I can really show.  Oh I have a lot of likes though.

I like ugly fruit at the grocery store--they call them misfits.  They have bags of lemons, oranges, and other things; like us humans they have some flaws, but because of those flaws many people won't buy them.  I like that I can get a bag of lemons for $1.29, which is a really good price.  

No Bobbin is not a lemon. 

I like my nifty rolling cart I found on Amazon.  I had been envying the Raskog utility carts from Ikea that I had been seeing in other people's sewing spaces, the aqua is cute.  Now Ikea only carries a cream, brownish red, and black.  Imagine my delight when I found a red one, and it is 4 tiers!  Since I sew in so many different spots I am always looking for my supplies....jack the ripper, pencil, scissors, glue,  I thought this would come in handy to keep my supplies in one main spot, and I can roll it to where I am working.  I also like that I can have my ruler rack on it, and my chicken pincushion is riding shotgun.   


OK I did have to assemble it, but I love that you can get it in 6 different colors, and of course my favorite color is red. 

Speaking of Amazon have you checked out their "New and Interesting Finds" at the top?  I like the fun things, so every now and then I will take a gander.  I saw this print which is a Day of the Dead Chihuahua which is printed on an old dictionary page.  I later found the guy's shop on Etsy is called collageOrama and I love his fun quirky style.

The face kind of reminds me of Bobbin.

I like my sloggers which are rubber clogs, especially with the rain we have been having.  We went from this:

To inches of rain and mud in a couple of days--to the point where you are sinking a couple of inches into the grass, the ground is so saturated.  My sloggers keep me from having soaked shoes all the time.

I like charity sew day at church.  The Tuesday before last I returned 2 completely sewn quilts (they tie them), and during charity sew day I sewed 3 baby quilts, and started another full size quilt.  There were several others which were ready to be sewn together envelope style, so I brought them home. 


Here is one of them that I finished the last couple of days.  Pay no attention to my pile of paper recycling by the refrigerator or the rogue shoe that Bobbin has been dragging around the house. 

I like to get my milk, cream, or ice cream at the local dairy and I love their shopping bags.  

What is not to love?  The old truck, the load of peaches. 

I like that life is settling down now and I have started to go through boxes and decide what to keep, what to donate, and what to throw away.  I started with 5 boxes Wednesday morning and I am down to these two to donate.  I need to start cleaning up my act and living my life.  Oh I have plenty more boxes to deal with, but small chunks at a time. 

Finally I like my helper.  This is my worker bee.  He helped me put all the Christmas decorations in the attic--from the sitting room and organize 4 Christmas trees....still trying to figure out how that one happened.  We pulled several boxes out of the attic to go through and decide to keep, or donate.  I now know what is in every box in the attic.  Scary huh? 
During the snow storms the past couple of weeks this boy, his brother and step sister moved a lot of snow.  With shovels!!! My porches, walkways, driveway all the way out to the road, and the pathway to the chickens.  When you consider we got about 20 inches of snow these kids were awesome.  As a treat after cleaning the attic we went out to dinner. 

Now head on over to LeeAnna's at Not Afraid of Color to check out the other I Like Thursday peeps.


20 comments:

  1. What a handsome helper you have.do you rent him out? Lol love your rolling cart.and spring must be coming soon. I too have been purging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat rolling cart--it's been raining here all night--but temps are plummeting--so we will have frozen roads soon...I like that Spring is coming --enough of winter--tho' I realize that it's not over by a long shot...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one of the aqua ones though I think the cream would suit me too, shame on Ikea for discontinuing that color but it looks like you did one better with your red and extra tier :) I hope you have better luck using yours as I have fallen into using mine to store rather than use projects...need to do better! You and your helper have been busy, glad you have your grands to help with the snow! Sent Evan off to school this morning in the freezing drizzle, does a mom ever get better about the worry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Colette,
    Don't you wonder what Bobbin thought when you put the lemons on the floor to take a picture? She couldn't help but get in the pic and to investigate what those lemons are. She is so cute! I l.o.v.e. that red rolling cart! Four levels!! Such a fabulous idea. Oh, and I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday closer to your day. It has to be soon since it is almost the end of February. {{Hugs}} I know you have some difficult days following that and want you to feel supported and cared for. What a wonderful helper you have! You can see he enjoys spending time with you, and I know that is reciprocated. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new cart! And red!! Awesome! I have the aqua one from Sam's Club. I use it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that red cart is awesome. I want one, and am headed over to find them on amazon. The artwork is too cool, and you could easily do that in fabric. Please do. Great list, your helper is adorable... good find! Where do I get one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What sweet helpers you have! Congrats on purging the attic. That always feels good. Your sloggers are so pretty for outside shoes! Nicely done on the charity quilts. I need to get busy with mine. Have a great day! mary in Az

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that red cart looks so useful! I have admired those at Ikea, too, but never got one. I think I am more a fan of the red than the aqua! Your helper sounds like a great guy to have around - and looks like he helps out with a smile, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those kids might need some cookies, besides that dinner. Hope you don't wash away. Illinois is super wet, too, from what I hear. In Alaska, we got snow overnight, and more will come during the day. No baby so far, either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How great is it to have such a wonderful helper! Love your likes today, that collageorama is swell! I hope you and Bobbin have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, if only we could have some of your precipitation! We buy those misfits, however hear they call them "day old".
    Stay warm and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday sweetie, I just got your's to you early. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a wonderful array of things to like! I concur with all of them. Lemons, peaches, kids that will shovel snow, smart red rolly cart, charity quilts, and a new link for me to check out on Amazon. Neat! Thanks, you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everyone needs good helpers - seems you have a few! Treating them right taking them out to dinner too! How lovely!. Those bags to your ice-cream etc are super nice. Love the new smart cart. Perfect to follow you around the house and I am sure Bobbin can fit nicely into the bottom tier for the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love when I can swing a good set of misfits.

    Congrats on starting to tackle boxes - that can be so daunting.

    Yay for helpers. What a cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cart is so pretty. Great find and so practical too.

    How nice it is to have such a fun helper. I'm sure you wish you could keep him 24/7. I just wish I had an attic for boxes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of things happening at your place! Love that red cart!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute, cute rolling cart! I picked up a black rolling cart at Tuesday Morning a couple weeks ago and love it. Luckily, I didn't have to assemble it. Such a sweet helper. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your rolling red cart and your ugly lemons....😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting post - lost of positives and lots to love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.