Wednesday, March 21, 2018

I Like Thursday #19

Welcome to week #19 of I like Thursday, well at least for me it is week 19.  Check out LeeAnna's blog at Not Afraid of Color to check out the other I Like Thursday posts.

I have shared that I like Lily of the Valley flowers.  Jeff one time brought me a 5 gallon bucket full of Lily of the Valley pips.  Imagine my delight when I saw this gorgeous fabric.

I want to make a big tote with it.  When I ordered the fabric I also purchased a cone of Aurifil Mako 50 wt in Dove Gray, and I always get a cute free pattern when I order from this company. 

I like when I  order from a company and get something free with purchase.  Like the little pattern you see above.

I joined a Quilting Bee online and February I was the Queen Bee.  I chose a pattern called Wanta Fanta.  Simple paper piecing and I love the secondary pattern.

Here you can see a lot of my blocks.  Our swarm is making 2 blocks per Queen.  So including mine I had 24 blocks.  My theory is go big or go home, I just can't seem to make a small quilt.  I want to make at least 12 more blocks so I have a nice size square quilt which would be at least 72 inches square.

I like participating in charity sew days at church.

Many of the ladies do not sew, but they will tie the quilts. During the charity sew day I was making backings and finished 6.  Amazing I finished 3 completely, I had one more to finish and returned those Tuesday, but I ended up with 4 at home again.

I like the promise of warmer weather.  Sunday I sat on the deck, enjoyed the sun, and drank coffee.  I decided I was in need of a table.

Just a simple inexpensive plastic table that will fold up, but it will be nice to have it outside.

When I was growing up I played the piano.  I hadn't had an opportunity to own one for many years.  Jeff found me a free one, but when the Ancient Ones moved in the piano moved out.  (sad face)  Years ago the electric piano and electric keyboards came out, but only the ultra expensive could play chords, the keys played differently, and there were not 88 keys.  Boy have things changed!

I decided to get a keyboard.  The keys are weighted and it plays just like a piano.  My keyboard even has 3 pedals.  I like being able to play again, but boy am I out of practice, and I don't have the dexterity that I had when I was younger.

Thanks for stopping by, go check out the rest of the I like Thursday posts.











16 comments:

  1. Hi Colette,
    I'll bet if you enjoy it and spend a little time practicing, you'll be right back to where you were on the piano. I'm glad you found a keyboard that sounds like a piano! I love your little red table - what a fun pop of color. Red is one of my favorite colors. Your quilting bee blocks look so nice together! I love all the fabrics they chose, and I look forward to seeing this progress. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to hear that you got a keyboard. As someone that has absolutely no musical talent and singing voice that should be kept for my ears only, it is sad when someone has musical talent and is not enjoying it. I am patiently waiting for warm enough weather to sit outside. We had a couple of warmer days, but the wind was creating havoc.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Collette! I am in love with your lily of the valley fabric!! It's wonderful! I love your red table (love love LOVE red anything) and so glad you got the keyboard. Have a wonderful week and keep on sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love your Lily of the Valley fabrics...such a welcome spring flower and I once owned a broach that I loved but lost it. This will make a great bag with sweet memory attached. You are so kind to give your energy and time to the charity quilting. Your blocks as Queen Bee are wonderful.
    Not veranda time here yet or for a while but so happy to be thinking about it at least.
    A keyboard is marvelous and good luck now with the practicing...it will come back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love the Lily of the Valley fabric! Where did you order it from? So pretty in the different background colors. I have just been thinking I need to play my piano more - seems like you get busy with other things and forget to sit down and play a little! Enjoy your new keyboard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good keyboard makes such a difference! Love your little red table. And Wanta Fanta. How nice to be able to do charity quilts - I hope to do that at some point in the future. All good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little red table is super cute. Practice five or ten minutes a day and you will be playing beautiful music in no time. I’m afraid I can’t carry a tune in a large bag bu I do love music and love to dance. Lily of the valley is my birth month flower and we have them growing in the back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so, you'll have to douse the new bag with lily of the valley fragrance! I played piano from age 6 to about 15, I'd love to play again but don't like a keyboard. Maybe one like yours. Love that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your lily of the valley fabric is so pretty. I have a white table just like your red one and i love it. Hoping to sit outside when i wont become a popsicle. Jacky and I have sewing plans....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blocks, Queen Rheema. Love your Lily of the Valley fabric. Lots of fun in your post.
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like that Wanta Fanta pattern. Those blocks look great. You are going to enjoy having the keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i remember making a comment on here but couldn't find it! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oaky I think it's sooo cool you're playing the keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful new fabrics! Enjoy your new keyboard!
    Pug hugs to Lucy and Bobbin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your bee blocks. I took piano for 2 years, but, was never any good (practice might have helped a bit, but not much). I have a piano, but, it is out of tune (it was my great aunt's piano).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.