Monday, April 9, 2018

Michigan and Ohio Shop Hop

March 22, 23, and 24th was the Michigan and Ohio Shop Hop.  I have never been on an organized hop and I decided I was going.  I just so happened to mention it on the 21st at a sew day and I was invited to join 3 other ladies.

We started out at one of the ladies homes at 8 am in the morning.   With a AAA triptych in hand we headed out.  And instantly decided that we didn't like the directions so we used the GPS on my phone for directions to our first shop.  Threads of Tradition at Sauder Village in Archbold, Ohio.  BTW they have an awesome Quilt Show which runs May 1-6, 2018.


 You enter the shop and they had a table set up where you purchase your passport for $5.  That passport gets stamped at each shop, and at each shop you leave a ticket for prizes.

I thought this quilt on the table was so bright and cheery.


This gorgeous simple quilt hanging on the wall.
Examples such as these quilts all use the Mini Quick Curve Ruler.

The fabric runs the gamut of reproduction to modern. I loved this display.  Made me want to buy the book.

A great panel that just was the embodiment of a summer evening on the farm.


And of course they had a sale.  I bought several yards of a Carolyn Friedlander Botanical, and some other goodies.

I found a cute bag pattern, I had to have a mini quick curve ruler, a 2017 Row by Row kit, tool holder,  a kit for a quilt that after you visited all of the shops you would have a quilt, and we got a free pattern at each stop.  This shop had the Mad for Plaid pattern.

Our next stop was The Quilt Foundry in Maumee, Ohio.

I shop, and take classes at this shop even though it is about 45 miles from my house.  I only purchased a white on white....always need background fabrics, and a kit for the mystery quilt.

Our next stop was at Stitch in Sylvania, Ohio.  They were not participating in the shop hop, but it was near the next shop we were going to hit.

I just love this line of fabric called Hop, skip, jump by RJR fabrics.

Our next stop was Sonflower Quilts in Sylvania, Ohio.


I bought these nifty project bags, some green fat quarters, and of course the mystery quilt kit, and I got a free pattern. 

Next stop was The Quilt Patch in Tecumseh, Michigan (one of my favorite shops).  I found some gorgeous greens, and got another part of the mystery quilt.
Off we went to The Quilting Season in Saline, Michigan.  They had some fun patterns, and demonstrations. 

This was the little kit they had but all of them were sold out.  CHICKENS! 

I bought some chicken patterns, a couple Jelly Rolls, for a gorgeous Bargello quilt, and a pattern for a rug made of jelly roll strips!  Oh and the kit for the mystery quilt.

Ann Arbor Sewing Center was next on the agenda. 

They had 3 different bundles to go with their very cute pattern.

I had to have the Easter bundle.  No I didn't get it made in time for the holiday though. 

I also had to have this kit.  I have been eyeing it for a while.  I also bought the mystery quilt kit.


We finished at this shop at about 5 pm and we hit traffic!  But we did manage to make it to Sew What in Wyandotte, Michigan.

I purchased 2 kits that went with the free pattern, and the mystery quilt kit. 

We had a great time and there was a lot of laughing, giggling, and inspiration.  I hope I am invited to shop hop again in the future.










9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fabulous day with quilting friends. Some great additions too. Hmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat shop Hop--sounds like you had a great time...nice
    haul there hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. you had a great time! that's what counts.love all the new kits and fabric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love going on a shop hop with friends. It’s always a good time. You picked up a lot of really nice fabrics. Love the Easter eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you are going to be quite busy for awhile. Glad that you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You got to a lot of shops in a day! What fun! Loved seeing all the photo's of the different things you bought - and those chicken kits look very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to go to all the shop hops around here, but, there aren't many anymore. One shop refused to let new shops participate (except one, that was owned by a friend of the owners), and slowly, many of the participating shops closed, so, no more hops. One time we stopped at 14 shops in 2 days (4 of us). Lots of fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat shop Hop--sounds like you had a great time...nice
    สูตรบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome trip! I absolutely LOVE the woven look of that quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.