Thursday, May 10, 2018

I Like Thursday #25

Welcome to my 25th I like Thursday post.  I have been relaxing in and around the vicinity of Portland, Oregon this week.

Great time to visit, the weather has been pretty fabulous.  I know there is an Azalea/Rhododendron test garden, but I haven't made it there yet, and unfortunately already that blooms are starting to wilt and fade.  But my I Likes this week are mainly botanical.

These azaleas at the nursery where I was looking for a Japanese maple.

The orange!
Then I cannot even describe this color.
This one with the corals and pinks!
Aren't the colors fabulous?!

Rhododendrons

Purple with that splash of dark magenta.
Dark Red with the darker splash of freckles.

This strange little flowered tree I saw.  I tried using my garden app to see what it was, but no luck.



These firs that make me think of Doctor Seuss whenever I see them which are on a median in Gresham, Oregon.

This sculpture outside of the Vital Records building.  I cannot remember the name, but it reminded me of a woman putting on a costume daily to go through life.

Finally this restaurant.  Swine Dining, it made me chuckle.  I asked my family if they have ever ate there.  I was told Oh No! I refuse to patronize anything with such a name.  ROFL.

Now head over to LeeAnnas at Not afraid of Color to check out the other I like Thursday posts.



22 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers. Lots to like

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blooms--sounds like you are having a great escape time...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Colette,
    Really - Swine Dining?!! HAHA! heehee I wonder how their business is - I mean, have they been in business a long time and are able to stay open? heehee I think I would try it once just to find out the story behind the name. Someone has a good sense of humor that others may or may not understand! Love all the flowers and I'm so glad to hear the weather is wonderful in Portland. Safe travels and Happy Mother's Day! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would change the name of that restaurant. You are on quite a trip. Those flowers are all so beautiful. Enjoy! mary in Az

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weird name for a restaurant, but I looked it up and the ratings are pretty good. Your trip has been quite the adventure...love all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may not want to discount that restaurant because of the name...we have a local bbq place that has the most terrible awful name but the food is soooo good. I refused to go there for years but I broke down and tried it recently and it is wonderful. I still wish the name was different but can't deny how good the food is. Thanks for the pretty posy shots...our daffodils are dwindling in the heat but the apple trees are sure blooming well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swine Dining...I love it.
    What beautiful colours(even the ones we can't quite name) and a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd eat there... love azaleas. I had so many of them in Florida. Don't forget to swing by here on your home trip...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving all the flowers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the flower posts. I would definitely eat at that restaurant, the name screams bbq pork.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the flowers are so pretty! It's always interesting to see the different plants, trees, and flowers in different parts of the country!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The flowers are all so gorgeous. It's a great time of the year at the nurseries.

    Love the name of the restaurant. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the pretty colours of the flowers! Swine dining cracks me up with laughter! Of course, we would have to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I had a green thumb! Your flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. those flowers are FAB!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like an interesting place to relax. Those flowers are gorgeous - such beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Your travels have been amazing - I've just done some catch-up reading :-)

      Delete
  17. You have a super imagination to be reminded of Dr. Seuss when looking at the trees, and the image that comes to mind from the statue - thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love azaleas but none in bloom her yet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a great restaurant. Our favorite BBQ place is Sharkey's (no fish in sight, just BBQ and wonderful sides). We ate there for Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.