Friday, June 29, 2018

I'm Back!

Bobbin and I arrived home after our epic Row X Row road trip.  We got to meet some awesome blogger friends, visit some amazing shops, see some fabulous scenery and enjoy some fantastic new to us food. 

Day 1

Bobbin and I started out on Thursday, June 21, 2018 heading toward our first few stops. 

Our first stop was Pins and Needles at Middleburg Heights, Ohio. 

Many stores Bobbin rode in my purse into the store.  We picked out some cute glamping fabric too.

Our next stop was Pins and Needles in North Olmstead, Ohio.

Then off to Mayfield Heights, Ohio to yet another Pins and Needles store!

Now what is very neat with these three sister stores if you put all 3 together you get...

That pyramid shape in the back is the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame which is in Cleveland!

It was beautiful weather, and the next shop was on the back roads heading North East in Ohio.  The Craft Cupboard! 


There is a little village with a craft/fabric shop, and an art gallery.  The ladies were very sweet.

I just love this row with the sunflowers and the song, "You Are My Sunshine".

Bobbin had a chance to run and play in the sun and play flatty dog.

Then we were off to North East, PA, and The Calico Patch Quilt Shop. 


After this stop it was 5 pm....but the longest day of the year.  I have an app on my phone that I can search for hotels near areas I want to be.  Our next shop we wanted to visit was in Ithaca, NY, and I knew we couldn't get there for day one, but it could be our first stop for day 2.  I found a nice little hotel in Corning, New York.

On our way though we went through some beautiful areas.  Past Lake Chautauqua, the Seneca Reservation, the Allegheny mountains and forest to Corning. 


Our inn was actually in Painted Post, New York, near Corning, and it was very nice and comfortable.
Bobbin did pretty good riding in the car, other than protecting me from every toll booth operator, anyone who parked too close, and drive through window.  :D










13 comments:

  1. Love the Cleveland rows. Bobbin was a good traveler protecting Mom from those bad toll collectors. Beautiful scenery too.cant wait to see what you make out of your glamping fabric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know but sometimes Bobbin felt the need to protect me from friends too. LOL

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! You're going to be busy in your sewing room! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that I don't have enough to keep me busy, but I just loved this year's row by row theme of music.

      Delete
  3. Glad you're back safe and sound! Thanks for sharing these fun stops. mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun you had!!! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. Bobbin is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks and sounds like a great trip. Those row by row blocks are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you and bobbin had a awesome time. Love the Cleveland kits. I hope to have the kit I got for you in the mail on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever guitar row! Bobbin is a handbag dog and a flattie!! So cute. Glad to see she did her job - you can never tell about some people so she's got that covered for you and got your back!! Fun traveling on your first day. Looking forward to the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you took this trip with Bobbin and such a good time. Looks like some amazing finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is going to be a really great memory quilt! Bobbin looks like quite the travel companion :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Little dogs are the ones who bark at everyone (and everything). My little dog is a bully (unless the other dogs are in her face) but the large dog is more laid back (unless the doorbell rings, then he thinks everyone is there to see HIM, not us).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.