Monday, July 16, 2018

5th Annual Piggy Balance Challenge

I spent quite a few hours counting up my change Friday night.   I know that I used about $50 from it for toll roads when I was traveling.  Additionally the boys raid my change for charity days at school.

My grand total ended up being $168.80.

What is interesting is I don't have a clue what I want to buy with it.  I know there are some row by rows that I want.  Lately my big focus has been finishing up projects.

Perhaps I will purchase some machine quilting rulers or perhaps some cones of thread.  I missed the linky because, ahem, I have been a wee bit busy with outdoor work, and while the post was written I forgot to post and link.  Head over to Val's Quilting Studio and check out the piggy bank challenge.

11 comments:

  1. I have been saving in a big pink piggy bank. I won't count it until next year, I am hoping to save up enough money for a trip to Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for savings :) I'll bet you come up with just the right thing for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing!!!! How fun to go on a shopping spree...I say machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how quickly that loose change adds up. You always find the best things on your shopping trips, so I'm sure that money will go for good things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great savings! Especially knowing you had more along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its fun to see how fast change adds up.
    Maybe keep saving so you can visit me and Jacky again lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bring it to the TOGA, you might find something you like there (besides, it's in a quilt shop).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know about this challenge, but I am a saver. Besides coin, I save $5 bills beginning January 1st. To date I am at $360. In previous years I have saved enough for a set of tires, paid my property tax bill, and paid for some unexpected dental work. I spent more cash back in those days (when I was working). Now I'm retired, mostly use my credit card (for the points), and still it accumulates quickly. Thinking this year either a trip to TX or some art classes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That’s awesome!!! I always counting our change. So far I bought myself a big pack of clover binding clips,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where are you, my friend? Are you traveling? Just checking to make sure you are okay! Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! That`s a lot of change! I`ve been hiding from the heat! 110 again today. That`s summer in the desert. Been painting the house etc. Started sewing again two weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.