Sunday, July 8, 2018

Last Day on the Road

Welcome to day 8, the final day of Bobbin and my Row by Row Road Trip.

While not originally on my list I decided since I was so close to Intercourse, Pennsylvania and The Old Country Store.  I am so glad I stopped.

A couple of fun patterns, a basket, and a pincushion mouse. 

And a beautiful row. 

The next stop was going to be Sewing Solutions in Bedford, PA. 

I decided that I would take the back way to Greensburg, PA on the Historic Lincoln Hwy 30.  Oh what a great drive.  It is so pretty, lots of places of historical interest.  The Old Log Church in Schellsburg, PA was pretty awesome, unfortunately it was pouring too hard to get a good picture. 

I notice a sign that said Bucktown.  I kept wondering why that name sounded so familiar.  Imagine my surprise when I saw the Flight 93 Memorial from 9/11.  It gave me pause and I shed a few tears, but still the rain was torrential so we did not stop. 

The next interesting spot was Fort Ligonier.  Soon I was in Greensburg, PA and The Stitch in Time Shoppe.


The owner of the shop explained that her sister is an artist.  She painted the background, and then they went to a manufacturer and had the fabric printed for their kits. 

There was plenty of time so Bobbin and I headed to our final stop.  The Quilt Company in Allison, PA. 

Such a great shop with lots of fabric, and some wonderful displays.  After picking up our last R X R we headed for home.  We stopped a couple of times for potty breaks, but made it home by 7:30.  It was nice to be home and sleep in our bed that night.






11 comments:

  1. You had one grand trip. Thanks for letting us live vicariously thru you. Cant wait to see how your rows will come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love that Starry Night pattern--just gorgeous..
    and Sleigh ride looks fun too. I am anxiously awaiting Helga's return from her "get fixed" road trip tomorrow ;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking me along on your trip. So many great shops that you and Bobbin stopped at. Getting to sleep in your own bed is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it home safely. Hope you and Bobbin get plenty of rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing all about your trip!! Looks like you had such an amzing time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun trip. We've done 200 miles in 2 days, but, almost all of that was local.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All in all, it sounds like a fabulous road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great trip and that you had fun! Great rows too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun!!!! Love your goodies and the row by row is going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so envious of this fun trip you took. Maybe next year I'll try to travel to a few cities for blocks, but it probably won't be as much fun without you and Bobbin. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.