Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Mini Diva Wallet

A couple of weeks ago I had to go to The Quilt Foundry in Maumee, Ohio because I was looking for fabric to finish up the Desert Rose Quilt that I had been working on since June of 2017.  I took the class at The Quilt Foundry so I hoped that they still had some of the fabric that I would need for a border.

I was looking for the blue/green you see in the tassels, and the arcs.  The border next to the outside border was what they called roping.  After I made it I thought it was horrendous!  It reminded me of fruit stripe gum. 
I needed 2 1/2 yards of it so the 4 borders would be a continuous cut, and they had 3 yards!  I started giggling when I realized I paid almost $30 for 7 inches by 75 inches of fabric.  While I was there I picked up some other fabrics.

There was a very cute wallet, and an upcoming class.  I liked the size of the wallet and thought it would be fun so I signed up for the class for the Mini Diva Wallet. 

Sunday the 22nd of July I went to the class with my supplies I had acquired.  Mini Diva pattern.
 Some fun Tula Pink fabric from the Chipper line.
4 1/2 inch Mini Diva wallet frame.






The wallet is very cute.  I think there are some steps which could be made simpler, but even for me, the slow sewer I finished my wallet first.  I think that glue should be used to put the fame on as well as the screws, and I think that a lining needs to be included which is an easy fix. 

While I was at the shop I saw this cute fabric which would make a cute wallet too!

I also nabbed a new creative grids ruler which is 6 1/2 X 12 1/2. 

I will admit I have stocked up on some more zippers and wallet frames to make more, and maybe some sew together bags since I have that pattern also. 











12 comments:

  1. Love that quilt. So gorgeous. That wallet is very cute. Good choice of fabrics. It is always nice to have a cheery looking wallet especially on those days when money just doesnt stay in it lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is stunning! I do agree about the roping looking like Fruit Stripe gum! 😂 I have seen the mini and regular sized Diva wallets. We have had classes at the shop to make them. Yours are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that little wallet--I've seen a lot of them on Crazy Quilting sites and think they are so adorable...nice job--great fabric additions hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. great little wallet, i have though about making those but though they would be hard to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and you already know I think that quilt is out of this world beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is a phenom beauty, glad you have a finish plan, cute wallet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Desert Rose quilt is absolutely stunning. The wallet is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the wallets you made! So handy that they have zippers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is looking great. I loved zebra fruit striped gum. Seldom see it anymore. Cute wallet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will all your cards fit in your Diva wallet! hee..hee.. Your quilt is looking amazing! What a fantastic job your have done - can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm playing catch-up on reading blogs, so your email box will have several comments from me. I've missed you! :O) That Desert Rose quilt is gorgeous! You are so out of my sewing league with this one...wow. Cute wallet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Better late than never! I made the mini diva wallet this fall and loved it. The directions weren’t as difficult to follow as they were for the other pattern included in the packet! I went back and added glue to my screw tips. All in all, I enjoyed making it and hope to make a few more as I can afford to during the winter months.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.