Wednesday, September 5, 2018

I Like #36

I am going to get a head start on my I Like post for week 36.

I like this teapot at the little local restaurant called Heidi's.

And if Flamingos aren't your favorite.

How about a pug tea pot?

I got a chuckle when I took my mom to lunch.  Looking around the restaurant I was definitely much younger than most of the patrons.  My dad doesn't like to go there.....too many old folks.  ROFL.

In my travels I saw a Pinto of all things. 

I like these flowers.  When we were kids we would pick armloads and weave them into mats.

 I like how Bobbin has decided to make Grandpa her own.  She snuggles up with him, and follows him all over when he is outside.
 I like when Bobbin decided that she was sleeping in.
 My mom and sister quilt with a group, and Kathy has some beautiful quilts on display.  I love the colors of the bottom quilt.
 And the triangles.  SQUEE!
 I love spending time with my grands, but I especially get a chuckle out of their lover for retro video games.  Cayden's current favorite is Pac Man.  Imagine his delight at finding a Ms. Pac Man!
 I liked going to Mt. Hood with my oldest daughter and two grand daughters.  Here we are at Timberline.  It is the name of the lodge, but also the spot where trees will no longer grow. 
 In all the years I have lived in Oregon I never hiked this short hike into Zig Zag Falls.  It is gorgeous, and the trail is easy and a delight. 


Finally I mentioned how I love the architecture in Portland.  My middle daughter lives in down town and this is her building. 

See the roping and the ogee.  It is fabulous.

Now head over to LeeAnna's to see the other I like Posts for the week. 



20 comments:

  1. Great likes. Bobbin is so cute sleeping in. 💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journey is so full of "likes"--that's wonderful!! Bobbin is so cute snuggling in there...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. too many old people! lol! Thanks for the flamingo shout out! A fancy pearl wearing flamingo! Great architecture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too many old people! That's awesome!!! I want that flamingo tea pot! You have a great week of likes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking us on this trip! The landscape, architecture and a Pink Pac Man. Score.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute teapots. We had a Pinto for a short time. I had a paper route, and it was great for holding the huge Sunday papers (the bags were too heavy on Sundays).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous architecture! Looks like you had a great time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A friend of mine left the beach in Florida recently because there were too many old folks which is a hoot since he is 70 himself. I say kudos to them for being out and about. What is ROFL?
    What great travel you are doing and Bobbin seems to be enjoying herself, too.
    Keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Colette! Aww, Bobbin. I love this dog - how cute sleeping in and just peeking out her nose, but even cute is enjoying Grandpa. Oh, that triangle quilt! I have been wanting to make one just to see if I can master triangles. It looks like you are having a fabulous job. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a red Pinto back in the 70's before they called it a death car. What a memory.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at that Pinto! I love the waterfalls. Looks like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These were great likes. SO much to see in OR

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those little teapots. Bobbin looks right at home cuddled up with Grandpa.

    I haven't seen a Pinto in years. Weren't they known for burning up or something dreadful?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally in love with the tea pots!! And I remember Pac man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool teapots! A Pinto is quite the sight...I haven't seen one in years. I enjoyed scrolling through your adventures this morning. It looks like you're having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My folks had a Pinto that we kids drove (back in the 70s!) and I always said its motor sounded like a sewing machine! Love the cute teapots, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the tea pots....so fun...enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That Pinto is in amazingly good shape - can't think when I last saw one! These days, with the cold, I am feeling like Bobbin - my nose is just about the only thing sticking out from under the quilt. Ms. Pac Man - yep, some of those old video games are hard to beat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.