Thursday, January 17, 2019

I Like Thursday #52

Whew I guess I am  a wee bit late---but I made it.  Wednesday had been "one of those days".  From the moment I awoke until I finally fell asleep I was constantly being bombarded with texts, instant messages, phone calls.  Now most of the time I am not even remotely that popular.  My mom calls me every couple of days.  My daughters call me maybe once a month, and I have no problem with that.  I know they are busy with work, families, life in general.  I get a text or two from my male friend John, but otherwise, it is relatively silent.  So here it is actually Thursday and I am writing a quickie I Like  post.  :D 

I like having a stash....a big stash.  Every year one of the local quilt shops does a stuff your stocking event which I mentioned in this blog post. (I guess I should share what I acquired during that event soon!) The devious little elves at the shop set out all this cute holiday projects right by the check out and every year is a super cute table runner and pattern.  I picked up this years which had these cute chickadees.  I started to cut the runner out the other day and one fabric was cut so crooked I could not get 4  two and a 1/2 inch strips like I needed. 

This is the fabric.  I even tried a Google image search to no avail.  I didn't want to drive to the quilt shop so I went stash shopping. 

This is what I found, in my whole stash one red which was close.

Not too terrible I think.  Thank goodness for stash. 

I like flowers but sometimes I can't justify the cost.  Every time that John and I have a date he brings me something.  This past week it was these gorgeous flowers.

They sure do brighten up my day, and freesia smells wonderful. 

 I like that sometimes I am ahead of the pack when it comes to quilting.  The trends come and go as fast as the runway fashions from New York, Paris, and Milan every season.  I started using scraps for guild to make string blocks. 


  It helps use the ugly fabrics and florals because they kind of get lost in the design.
Trust me I create a lot of strings when I cut for guild.  Empty and cleaned kitty litter buckets come in very handy. 


Finally I read a lot, or listen to a lot of books.  I saw this cozy mystery series and thought it looked fun, so I borrowed it from the library online through an audio book service called Hoopla.  I can get up to 6 books per month through Hoopla alone.  I will say I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the person who read the book on the audio added to it so much.  I definitely will be reading or listening to the 2nd one.  


Thanks for visiting, I guess better late than never.  Now head over to LeeAnna's at Not Afraid of Color and check out the other I Like Thursday posts.


15 comments:

  1. Hi Colette! Oh, that books looks like a good one. I've got to write down that author and see if the library has any. I'm always up for a good read. I should try audio books with my two drive each day. Those flowers are lovely and that is sweet of John. Your red stash fabric matches perfectly if you ask me!! Score. Happy Thursday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you have someone bringing you flowers!
    Stash is very important to quilters I am discovering for myself. I love string quilts and the clever way they get put together and sewing like that would be stress free.
    Audio books are great...I too am loving them. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had that issue with kits too... and I was just saying yesterday, hoarding is the way to go with fabric! A man who brings flowers... a smart man...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty flowers! I've tried using Hoopla but find my mind wanders too much when I try to listen to books. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to be a great string quilt and a beautiful table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely flowers --a breath of Spring...
    Nice stash diving--sometimes I feel like those pearl divers, going deep deep into the stash and not coming up for breath for a long time...lol
    I have been making string quilts for the last 3 years, non-stop so I am not feelin' it for now..Yours are pretty though...I'm going "small" ..hugs Julierose...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are so pretty - what a treat! I love string blocks, too. They can make such fun designs! I've been enjoying listening to audiobooks when I sew - I'll have to look for that series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful flowers from your friend. Sweet! I've never made a string quilt, but yours looks so fun and colorful I might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are beautiful. Nice and cheery. String blocks are fun. I have some in 5 inch version where i did half dark and half light.they look almost like log cabin when setting in furrows etc. Fun things to quickly like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful flowers and so cheerful.love your strings. I made some small ones half light and half dark and can play with log cabin settings. So fun

    ReplyDelete
  11. Strings! I love string blocks. And quite the match from your stash. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was a great post-love those flowers. Strings are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see 3 books in that series. Not much reading or listening time for me currently, but, I pinned them for the future. Nice to get flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.