Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Gotta Sew!

All I could think of when I fired up my sewing machine today was this song from Singing in the Rain.  I had a chance to sew today, between moving my sewing stuff upstairs. 

I finished the August In Our Garden Blocks finally.

Chunky churndash.

 The garden trowel.  While the bird was very cute, I had been dodging dragonflies all over the yard so I was in the mood to make one. 
DH found this really cool table heading to the garbage pitt.  It was a drafting table, well actually it was 2 drafting tables that were broken, but the parts together made one big table.  It ended up being a great set up for a machine to be dropped in to quilt.

I have lots of room to work, and the bed of my machine is now flush with the table which makes it a bit easier.  I have it set up on the sunroom/mudroom for right now. 


6 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Glad you are still getting a bit of time to stitch. Keeps your sanity.

Julierose said...

Oh cool you are getting to sew once more! I love your projects---hugs, Julierose

krislovesfabric said...

Your blocks look great :) Fun dragonfly! I love Singing in the Rain, one of my favorites!!

Needled Mom said...

It is so much easier to sew when the machine is level with the table.

Baa. xxx said...

Clever DH - it looks a great set up!

Mama Spark said...

Love your blocks especially that dragonfly! Great find in those tables!!