Wednesday, April 18, 2018

I Like Thursday #23

This is going to be short and sweet.  I am on a trip to take Jeff's ashes and bury them in my family cemetery in California.  Tonight I am in Ottawa, KS.  It has been a day of extremes in weather, and emotions.

I like the yard ornaments at my local feed store.  Including this cute flamingo.

I stopped in Casey, Illinois and saw the worlds largest Rocking chair.

The worlds largest wind chime. 
Yes it was windy and it actually had a lovely sound.

There was a giant pencil along the street.

There was also a ruler but I didn't get a picture of it.

I have a tendency to find things which I think are a bit absurd. 

This neat old hardware store on main street.


What I thought was so funny there is a balcony that runs along the top of the awning. 

It is all falling apart, which I found amusing.

Finally an old truck holding a sign along the highway.

I will be driving and internet is spotty.  Everyone have a wonderful Thursday and head on over to LeeAnna's at Not Afraid of Color to see the rest of the I Like Thursday posts.





20 comments:

  1. thoughts are with you my friend on this emotional trip. love how you find the neatest things. that chime looks so fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colette,
    Safe travels and {{{hugs}}} a bunch for you. This has to be a very hard trip for you. All those large items are in the same city? How cool to be able to hear the wind chimes - I wonder if some people get tired of hearing them. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't! {{Hugs}} again. Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat stuff. May you have a safe trip and find some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun town to explore (Casey). Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. This is a difficult trip for you but I pray you are safe and sound. mary in Az

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've done a post on Casey Ill. What a fab town!!!
    Good travels, my friend. Take care of your emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flamingo- he feels like something LeeAnna would like. Please have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found some neat things in that town - a fun stop along this trip for you. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Safe travels my friend, my prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is going to be such a difficult trip for you. We will all be thinking about you and praying for safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Safe Journeys! Will you be able to have family meet you there?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending hugs and good thoughts for you as you take this emotional journey. I am glad to hear that the windchimes had a nice sound. Safe travels and be extra kind to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope this trip will bring you closure, hon. My thoughts and prayers for a safe trip are traveling with you...
    hugsx2 Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I remember LeeAnna posting about that rocking chair. Just know there are many angels with you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Be safe on your travels, prayers and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, safe travels. I greatly enjoy road trips, even when the end is bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck with your very special mission. I'll think about you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is going to be such a difficult trip for you. We will all be thinking about you and praying for safe tr
    สูตรบาคาร่าavels.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful quirky finds along the road...safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the flamingo- he feels like something LeeAnna would like. Please have a safe trip!

    RoyalRuby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.