In order for that transition to occur I need to move my sewing room, and the overflow which has taken over the great room, upstairs to the master bedroom. The master bedroom would move to the old "junk room" which we were fixing for the boys at one time. I decided that I wanted to paint the floor, and finish up the trim. It took me about 5 days with the weather, humidity, and drying times.
We started to move the bedroom and actually purged 2 huge bags of clothes for donations and another large bag of just garbage. Feels nice to have it gone. The master bedroom takes up over 1/2 the upstairs so I will have a lot of room for my sewing area, it is just trying to transition. We pulled up the old carpet down to the bare floor, but don't have time to paint the walls, or put new flooring down, because getting the oldsters moved is priority one. The quilter made it upstairs with the help of the youngest daughter and a bucket truck. Several trips have been made to take sewing things upstairs, and many more will follow to get the sewing room, and great room cleaned out. Right now everything is just piled. Hopefully once we get the AO moved I can get that area in order.
While getting ready for the AO we have also moved one couch upstairs to a bedroom, one couch to the sunroom/mudroom, chairs have been stored, a bed taken to the dump,and we are paring down furniture. The house is looking kind of empty getting ready for the big final push, of painting, installing a wheelchair ramp, a french door for their privacy, adding another bedroom, a pantry to the kitchen and installing carpet through the downstairs. So unfortunately not much quilting going on.
Now I don't know about you, but watching the neighbors at times can be quite entertaining. The McMansions have created a wee bit of a drainage problem for us when they decided they needed to be on a hill, and dug out the ginormous pond which is a stone's through from the back of the AO house. Well then the next house did it, and so on---anyway they are higher than us, but they seem to be having lots of problems with their basements flooding every time it rains. They have been running drain lines for sump pumps all over. To the ditch at the back of our property creating a huge swamp....told them, "Um no fix it!" Maybe they should run it out to the ditch on their private road in front of their house instead? But what is very funny is every time they try to fix it, they create an even larger problem. Not counting their trucks getting mired in mud and muck in the swamp they have created and tearing up their beautifully manicured lawns. My only comment during all of this is nature has a way of getting back on course. So while watching the 3 closest houses fighting the flooding problems, a structure started to emerge. I told DH originally it looks like they are building Noah's Ark. It was finally completed last weekend and christened.
Since so much work has been happening inside, my outside yard has had to take a backseat. I had started to build a small pond with a small fountain, but was having problems with my repurposed liner (old swimming pool) so I was taking it apart when everything came to a screeching halt. Now I have a swampy, slimey pool in my garden and it has been taken over by this guy.
Life is never dull around here, but is always completely amazing.