Saturday, December 3, 2016

Snatching Time

I will admit there are times I feel like I waste a lot of time.  There are days I lament my loss of time, but I know that occasionally you need some downtime to reset. 

Tuesday we were at the hospital for an outpatient procedure.  While I was waiting I managed to get parts traced for several applique projects I want to do.  I won't show the sheet but lets just say that it is a over 2 foot long of heat and bond off the roll.

I ordered a kit during November for a winter type quilt. I finished up piecing it today.  There is a lot to say for simple.  I think that the Stripology ruler really did help get the fabric cut for this quilt quite a bit faster than it would normally take me.

The red is flannel and for me was a bit tricky to work with, but don't you just adore these cute little scenes?
I love the snowmen, bears, old cars, trucks and vintage trailers. 

I also added to my fabric hoard stash.  Fat quarters of mini pearl bracelets from Massdrop.
Some 1/2 yard and 1 yard cuts from Old Country Store's black Friday sale.
Still working on finishing up the 3 months of the RSC. 

I finished my binding on my star quilt, and today while hanging with the boys I finished designing my labels, now to get my fabric prepped and to print it out.  I try to get things done when I have a few moments.  Someday I get more done than others. 



10 comments:

  1. love that quilt and that fabric. so so fun! love easy too.
    was talking to my brother yesterday and he said my Dad hates bears. ugh.......dont know what I will do now for his bear quilt. May take a deer panel and make it reversible? grrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on biting off small bites and the finishes will come! Nice progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flannel can be a bit tricky to stitch. I think we all need that down time to distress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that fabric, it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you did a good job snatching some time for yourself. Love that flannel design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Merry Christmas! I love vintage travel trailers too. And flannel. Hope you and your family are well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.