Sunday, May 27, 2018

Fiber Acquisitions While Traveling

I realized that I haven't shared the few (I was being good) quilt shops and my acquisitions while I was on my road trip.

My first stop was All N Stitches in New Florence, Missouri. 

I like black on white for backgrounds sometimes.  I found these 3 which caught my eye.

One day while I was visiting family on the reservation I had to go to town to have my car serviced, so of course I went to one of the LQS.  The shop I visited is called Ocean Waves Quilt Shop in Eureka, California.

I found a gorgeous batik, a Marilyn Monroe print, chicken fabric, and a couple of white on whites.

One was a dragonfly and the other had different stitches which are on sewing machines.

Then I spotted these super cute prints and I bought a fat quarter of each.






I wrote about having a problem with some little tears in my backing, and purchasing the red star fabric.  I purchased it at Craft Warehouse.  

While picking up the star fabric I saw this really cute chicken fabric, they were knitting! Of course it had to come home with me.


I will confess I cannot visit Portland without going to Fabric Depot. I was a bit disappointed this trip though.  I had heard that people complained because it was not wheel chair friendly so the company had to really reduce inventory to make it more accessible.  Additionally there was one whole area that had once been formal and bridal fabric which was completely empty.  The company said it was because they had several big name designers coming in since Quilt Market was in Portland in May.  One was Tula Pink!  I still managed to find some great fabrics though.

 A white on white, which you can see below had clothes pins, a black on white of windmills, sunflowers,  and barns, a green, a yellow/gold/brown rose looking batik, a cute sewing themed fabric and Robert Kaufman's Effervescence fabric in a red, white and blue colorway. 
 Yes I know it looks like I purchased a lot, but I was mighty proud of the fact that I didn't visit more shops.  Well, also my car was pretty packed with clothes, sewing machines, and projects. 

But there is always next trip. 












20 comments:

  1. So many good finds! I especially love the doggie fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I loved the doggy fabric too. I want to make a sew together bag....I may need to wing it, or buy more fabric. :D

      Delete
  2. Love your knitting chickens. So adorable. You got some great fabric on your trip. Glad you um restrained yourself.lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I just didn't have any room in my car. Would have looked like the Beverly Hillbillies.

      Delete
  3. Love your new fiber (ahem) acquisitions--why not? You do use them up...hope this gets to you--what with the blogger mess...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I changed my "Comment as" to see if I reach your email box. Probably not! I have some of that dog fabric...so cute! Looks like you found some good stuff on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if it works. I may need more of that fabric. I wanted to make a sew together bag and it calls for 1/2 and 1/3 yards

      Delete
  5. Love your finds, especially the knitting chickens and the white on whites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like to have interesting backgrounds and white on whites fit the bill.

      Delete
  6. Looks like some great souvenirs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few. I was very good because I stayed out of the art galleries at the Grand Canyon too!

      Delete
  7. It looks like a profitable trip. I love all the cute chicken prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a plethora of chicken prints. Maybe after I get the next two projects out of the way, it will be time to start the epic chicken quilt.

      Delete
  8. Love your road trips - I get to see some interesting fabric - now, will you be teaching your chicken knitting or crochet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am a wanderer. My chickens have become free rangers as of late. I get a chuckle out of them as they line up at the bus stop with the kids. Explore any building that is left open.

      Delete
  9. Oh, you love to look and of course, then you will find...just like I do. But you are right...there is so much more that does not come home with me; I am actually practicing great restraint!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colette comment furst on your post then click the notify me box. You will then at least get email notifications when you get comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.