Wednesday, June 12, 2019

I Like Thursday #68

Welcome to my 69th post on I Like Thursday.  Thank you LeeAnna of Not Afraid of Color for encouraging us to find positive and sharing things we like weekly. 

I know some of you have been having extremely dry weather.  Here on the other hand we have had a lot of rain, to the point where many farmers have not been able to get into their fields to plant.  I am thankful though that we have not had as much rain as some parts of the country that have been experiencing lots of flooding. 

I have quite the weed patch going thanks to the couple of days of rain, couple of days of sun to dry the ground, but then more rain.  The boys stomped over my berm, breaking down the thistle, so in order to get it out of the ground I had to use a garden fork, and basically turn the whole lot over which is about 15 feet long, and 4 feet wide and about 3 feet tall. 

I had assistance while digging.   Unfortunately the helper slowed me down greatly, since I had to be careful that I would not accidentally impale her.

I managed to get the berms weed free, and some flowers planted.  I keep trying different

combinations, but mainly cone flowers.  I also got my flower beds cleaned out.
The little girls like to help too.  They like the ants I keep digging up.  Bobbin enjoyed helping too!

I like that my poppies have spread and bloom.  I love the bright pop of color.
I like the Bonnie Hunter Scrappy Trips pattern.  I used up a small portion of the 2 1/2 inch strips in the copy paper box, but I did manage to finish one gurney quilt.

A friend that I used to work with has retired recently and she comes over and helps me once a week sort through fabric.  She sorted all of the 2 1/2 inch strips and anything over 16 inches was put in one pile anything shorter or not 2 1/2 inches was thrown into a bucket for string quilts.  With her help I have managed to empty 2 boxes.  Fabric cut, and sorted ready to make kits.

I like squishy mail, and No Blog Jacky sent me this fun magazine.

I have spent so much time outside working in the garden I don't have a whole lot to share.  Head over to LeeAnna's and see the other I Like Thursday posts.




12 comments:

  1. Oh i like your chickies pix:)))
    Pretty poppies, I don't have any this year; my peony is just
    beginning to bloom...rain again here, too...hoping it stops by evening as it my granddaughter's graduation day...fingers crossed..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your helpers. lol. Bobbin looks so comfy. Your scrappy quilt looks nice (my scrap pile keeps getting bigger!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Colette! I had to giggle at your help, right under foot. And Bobbin, well there's the kind of help I could provide. Except I'd want to have Bobbin on my lap and take a nap with her. I just love poppies, and your scrap quilt looks fab. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just cleaned out the chicken coop yesterday, one chicken just sat in there with me. We have a rooster that thinks he is a pet. Gotta love them, especially the fresh eggs. Love your sampler and when you get done with your garden, will you come and do mine. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great quilt top! You have been busy working!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how Bobbin helps lol. Great quilt and poppies too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of rain means lots of green where you are! I do hope the farmers are able to get their crops planted, though. I love your helpers! I need some like that to eat the ants around here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bobbin is as productive in the garden as Rex and Murphy. Though they do like to join me so I suppose it is moral support. Your poppies are so pretty and I want to try some cone flowers from seeds this summer which is now, eek.
    Pouring rain here tonight after 4 days of sun. But a lot of rain in the forecast now so glad I got the garden done basically.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gardening season and we will all be stuck inside before we know it. You are lucky to have such good chickens to help you weed! Bobbin's assistance made me laugh and spit my coffee out! HAHAHAHA!~

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun to have poppies scattered. Bobbin's a big help! That gurney quilt is full of color-nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love taking a peek into your outdoor surroundings.I love seeing the chickens! You're so luck to have help sorting your scraps. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.