Wednesday, June 5, 2019

I Like Thursday #67

Welcome to my 67th installment of I like Thursday.  LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color encourages us to be positive and share the things we have found we like or love during the week. 

I don't know about you, but in my neck of the woods it has been wet!  When we string together a day or two of dry it is all hands on deck to work on pulling weeds, planting, and trying to get things done. I have plants sitting on my deck, and along my garage waiting to be planted.   Since I am outside more the little girls are being allowed out to free range.

They are so funny.  At first they ran between their house and the spruce tree, which is about 5 feet away.  They are now getting braver and wandering over the driveway.  The older chickens mingle with them and so far we do alright.  Except at night.  Trying to get them into the coop is a challenge.  I tried to explain to them nothing good happens after dark. 

I loved this bouquet I found at the grocery store with hydrangea and peony.

I like these succulent bowls I saw at the local nursery.

These are large bowls, and look at the size of the Hens & Chicks they were as big as my hand!

I loved the rosy looking one. 

I know I have mentioned that things magically appear at times.  I got a chuckle at the sticker that appeared on my garbage can the other day.

Hello Kitty with a gas mask?  I didn't think my can was that stinky.  It is that dirty.  When they were repaving the road they went by one day and were washing the road with this rotating brush.  It managed to cover my can with mud flecks.

I love this series by Jana De Leon, anything that makes me giggle and laugh out loud is good. This is book 12.    

Remember last fall when I was laughing about this stow away in my car.  I picked it up and flipped it out.  Thinking the wind caught it and carried it away.

Imagine my surprise when I opened the passenger side door to grab a poop bag for Bobbin, and what has been riding around with me for the past few months, but that leaf that I had ejected last fall.  I guess it was determined to keep me company. 



According to Miss Lucy she should get a chance to share also this week.

I am usually the one in the house that likes to relax, take it easy and just chill.  My likes are sleeping, eating, sleeping, eating, sleeping and watching that goofy Bobbin play with toys, and before you ask, yes I have been hit in the head a few times with a flying squirrel.  

But every now and then there are storms and then I am not very chill. The past week there have been a couple of days and nights with, in my honest feline opinion, way too many thunderstorms.  Now the human and dog are foolhardy, but not me.  I head to an inside room away from all windows like the emergency alerts say!

Through this magic door, my adopted mom calls it the laundry room. 

Straight back, you can see it isn't very wide, and there are no windows.  Yep adopted mom has her clothes in the laundry room since the main bathroom with the shower is on the main floor and the bedrooms are upstairs.  Ssshhh don't mention that she hasn't folded clothes in a couple of days.  See that tiny space though, between the washer and dryer?  I am actually now svelte enough I can stroll right back there to safety during the storms.  

I just wait the storms out back here where it is safe.  I try to tell adopted mom and goofy Bobbin to come join me, but they just roll their eyes at me.  My motto is safety first though!  

Ahem....thank you Lucy for the PSA (public service announcement).  Now head over to LeeAnna's and see the other I Like Thursday posts. 







16 comments:

  1. Love your wandering chickens--you have to make a chicken quilt, right?? That gas masked-Hello Kitty is a hoot!! Love it...and those hens and chicks bowls are so pretty--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colette! Thank you Lucy for your well worded plea regarding taking cover during storms. You really can't blame Bobbin as she is just following mom's lead. And mom - well, she thinks she knows best. I can only imagine roping those chickens back into the pen at night! I'll be that takes a bit of time. We're supposed to have THREE whole days without rain. Holy moly - I may just get the plants in that are sitting on my kitchen island because they keep getting knocked over outside. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I smiled too especially for Miss Lucy's sharing. And the comment nothing good happens after dark. We've never gone into our woods after dark either. I've never seen hens and chicks that size...mine are very small. Thanks for sharing it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart little kitty...I hide during storms too. I love the flowers. Thanks for the book suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great likes. Cute sticker surprise and those peonies are beautiful. Thank you Lucy for your safety message. I would join you there but how can I say it....my big butt wouldnt fit! LOL
    the chicks are just exploring oblivious to any nighttime dangers. Silly girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Hello Kitty sticker is funny! That leaf really likes you. Miss Lucy is pretty. That's quite the hiding spot she has.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those bowls full of succulents! Don't know if I could keep them alive, though... The hitch-hiking leaf made me laugh, as did Lucy's public service announcement! Hope you have some dry days coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for a fun post to read. The novels sounds like a hoot right up my alley. Miss Fortune, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I might take up residence with Lucy during those storms. It looks pretty safe to me.

    The peonies and hydrangea make great bouquet companions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you on safety first-every woman for herself. Your "girls" are cute. Those hydrangeas are huge but those succulents look like flowers- very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucy, I'd listen and try to squeeze in with you in the laundry room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always loved hydrangeas and am actually growing one this year (gift from my daughter in law) and the succulents...one day I might buy some and try my hands at it. Enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My little dog used to get upset at storms. Now she is deaf, so they don't bother her anymore. It's the 125 lb dog that gets nervous now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.