Wednesday, July 1, 2020

I Like Thursday #116

Welcome to my 116th I Like Thursday post.  Every week a group of bloggers, encouraged by LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color share things that we are grateful for, make us laugh, smile, or bring joy.

Remember my picture of the ditch and the daylilies that were growing?

This is what it looked like a few days ago, and now it is a mass of orange. 
The bright orange just makes you happy. 

I saw this red truck and it made me smile. It is solar and lights up.  I love garden ornaments.  No I did not buy it. 

I saw a pug purse and thought of my pugalicious friend Nancy, Mother of Pugs. 


My garden clogs have had a lot of wear and they finally cracked.  I still wear them, but I also made sure I had another pair waiting in the wings.
My porch garden is growing and getting a wee bit out of hand.  I have loads of grape tomatoes.

That are still green.  :D

A couple of weeks ago Sally shared pictures of a water lily and what I was told is called a North American Lotus.  I like my challenge quilt I made years ago where I took a picture of the lotus, I don't know if I ever shared it. 

I pixilated the picture and then sewed a lot of 1 inch blocks together.  I quilted it with circles going out from the lotus. 

I like having a pool, even though it can be a lot of work.  This afternoon I laid on a pool float, just staring at the water glinting off of the underside of the leaves in the trees, the sunshine shining through the leaves making them look like stained glass, listening to the birdsong, and thought whatever is going on outside of my space has been left at the edge of the driveway, and I just feel contented and at peace. 

Earlier, Bobbin and I took a little drive to get a burger.  Bobbin got a couple of fries, I let her break her diet, but just a wee bit.  We then went and I had a frozen custard, she got a little lick, but again I am trying to keep her healthy and on her strict little diet.

I like this artist that I came across, with social media I always don't remember who shared.


I like this group called the Lucky Chops.  They have a great backstory too.

Finally my book picks for the week.  I read The Women of the Copper Country by Mary Doria Russell.  I was intrigued with the book because I visited the Keenewa Peninsula and Calumet, Michigan about 13 years ago.  At one time the area was rich in copper and was the site of the first copper boom in the United States.  The book is a fictional account of Annie Clements (America's Joan of Arc)  and the Copper Country Mine Strike, which culminated in the Italian Hall Disaster in December of 1913. 

I am currently reading The Chicken Culprit by Vikki Walton. 

Anne Fremont has moved to Carolan Springs, Colorado after a devastating divorce.  Her next door neighbor is found dead on his compost heap and another neighbor Kandi Jenkins has been accused of the murder.  Menopause, murder, and a new town make for a great read so far.

Now head over to LeeAnna's at Not Afraid of Color and check out the other I Like Thursday posts. 

14 comments:

  1. Your lillies in the ditch are so fun and happy looking. Flower garden clogs make one happy too. Glad Bobbin got a lick of custard. Everyone deserves a treat. So many fun likes. Those trucks are cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that lily!!! Bobbin needed that custard (Scout told me)! Have a wonderful and safe holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those lilies of the field .The lotus is really well done. Did you get that red truck? I had a pool many years ago and it was so calming just laying there on a raft. Ah the good old days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that band is AWESOME! I was grinning and bopping to them! Those are some beat up and used instruments, which makes me very happy! Bobbin... poor girl, I need to severely limit my ice cream intake too. Bobbin can't afford even one pound can she, being such a petite little girl! When we have ice cream and it's never enough is it? Milo gets a bowl... of yogurt. books sound good to me, that truck! I don't think I could have left it there, it would look good in the deck garden area...just abetting spending...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Colette! How cool is that garden truck that has solar lights?!! I'm guessing you can plant some flowers or whatever in the bed of the truck. Your tomatoes look fabulous and yummy! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. That truck made me smile - it's amazing what they can do with solar power. I love your garden clogs. Yay for tomatoes. I actually have one on my vine (I'm so excited!). The lotus quilt! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun that your daylilies are blooming like that - they are so pretty! I should really try growing some. I have lots of little green tomatoes, too - one day we'll be eating them! Your lotus quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got immediately interested in Chicken Culprit when I read menopause. I haven't read cozy mysteries in a long while because the main characters got too young for me. Isn't that funny. First I'm their age and now I'm not. The book about Annie Clements also sounds interesting. You're reading a book by a woman named Mary Russell and I'm reading a book in which a Mary Russell (wife of Sherlock Holmes) is the main character. :-) I like your garden clogs. It's time for me to get a new pair, too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your time afloat in the pool sounds delightful. Nice to be able to let the cares of the world drift away for a while. We're in the a long, hot, dry spell with 5 days in a row of 90+ next week, which makes it officially a heat wave. Even the drought tolerant plants are suffering. Enjoy you weekend.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those lillies, both in the ditch and your quilt. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your yard looks so pretty with those daylilies. Your clogs are so cute! No wonder you got another pair! Both of those books look great. I'm adding them to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My old day lilies are just starting to bloom too. There are lots of yellows around in the ditches here too and every farm house seems to have them by their mail boxes. Love to see flower photos. Very cute garden clogs! Your quilt is so pretty.I don't know what frozen custard is...imagine that!
    Anyway, lovely post and I will picture you floating around in your pool today as I'm in mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your daylilies are so pretty! I love the bright orange. My sister has some and I keep thinking I should try to plant some. I also have bunches of green grape tomatoes, but a few have started to turn orange and there were actually three to put in my lunch today so I'm sure yours will ripen soon!

    ReplyDelete

  14. GET YOUR BLANK CARD FOR FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH (­blankatmhacker007@­yahoo.­com ) or WATSAPP: +1 (620) 307-3174.


    WHEN I GOT MY BLANK ATM CARD FROM CJ BLANK CARD (­blankatmhacker007@­yahoo.­com)­EVERYTHING CHANGED FOR ME!!!


    Hello Guys, My Life will never remain the same!!! I’m so happy I got mine from Robert Hernandez. My blank ATM card can withdraw €3000 weekly. I got it from them last week and now I have up to €15,000. The ATM card withdraws money from any automated teller machines worldwide. There’s no name on it, it’s also untraceable. I was directly linked to this organization on the dark web and I’m really happy i got lucky enough to meet them because I’m a 99.9% skeptical when it comes to things like this, but it turns out they work as underground launderers in turkey, mostly ziraat bank and have a 100% policy against scams. The card can be sent to you through DHL in two days if you contact them early via e-­mail:­blankatmhacker007@­yahoo.­com or watsapp: +1 (620) 307-3174. or kindly find more on their website Get yours now. I mean right now if you know you’re struggling financially and thank me for eternity. Whatsapp. +1 (620) 307-3174.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.