Wednesday, August 10, 2022

I Like Thursday #214

 I have been missing in action lately.  I have been cleaning, packing, or doing yard work.  Welcome to my 214th I Like Thursday post.  Each week a group of bloggers share things that they have found that they like/love during the week.  Thank you LeeAnna of Not Afraid of Color for hosting weekly.

Summer is speeding by, and zucchini, fresh tomatoes and corn are always on the menu quite often.  I like Macaroni Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing by Cooking Light.  I throw in shredded chicken and olives and add more veggies.  

 Recently I found my favorite Macaroni salad at work.  Many years ago when I lived in Portland, and worked as a bartender/waitress one of my favorite foods on the salad bar was the Macaroni Salad by Reese's which was locally made.  

I have spent some time at my daughter's house, looking at property nearby, and just relaxing.    I will admit I have a seriously case of lust regarding my daughter's hydrangeas.

I also like sitting by the river with the kids while they wade.  I get to bathe my tootsies, and sit and relax. 

Bobbin and I went hiking at the nearby State Park to see Ocqueoc Falls.  

I have done a lot of packing, there is much more to do.  I hope to get my house to the point where it is ready to list in 3-4 weeks.  Right now the smaller house is ready to be put up for sale and I am waiting on the real estate agent.  

I am still working a lot, and there is a ton of yard work to do all the time, not including just watering to try to keep my poor plants alive due to many days of high temps and high humidity that made the "feels like" temps miserable.  I still manage to get some reading in though.

The Gray Ghost Murders by Keith McCafferty is the 2nd in the Sean Stranahan Series set in Montana.  I like the outdoor themes, fly fishing, tracking.

Dead Man's Fancy is the 3rd book in the series.  

I finished reading the Cajun Country Mysteries with the final book Cajun Kiss of Death by Ellen Byron.  

Finally I discovered the Beatrice-Hyde Claire Mysteries and have read 3 more of the books.

 

Thanks for stopping by and please go check out the other I Like Thursday posts.


11 comments:

  1. I like that you are back with a post, despite the heavy load you have right now. We love macaroni salad and one with avocado dressing sounds delicious. It sounds like everything is moving forward slowly but surely. Good luck with the small house sale! Glad you got to dip your tootsies in a river this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see you back again, and hear an update! Hope you're finding what you're looking for near your daughter and family. Those hydrangeas are really pretty! Yummy macaroni salad recipe, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't too worried that you weren't posting because I figured you were busy with all the details with moving. It is exhausting, especially on top of working full time. I just had to make room for 3 book shelves to be moved from the porch into the house, so the porch could be painted and it wore me out. And my sewing studio is thoroughly disrupted as part of the process. Still need to find a permanent home for 2 of the shelf units. Remember, slow and steady wins the race. You'll get there eventually.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Colette! Summer is really whizzing by, isn't it?! It sounds like you and Bobbin had a chance to relax a bit in spite of all the work surrounding you. I wish you luck with selling the small house! There isn't really a rush - all in good time. {{Hugs}} a bunch! I'm thrilled to see an update from you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hydrangeas are so pretty. How nice to wade around and relax. Good luck with the rest of the packing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a busy gal packing and hiking and looking for a new home. Hope your move goes smooth and you find the perfect place

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you're making progress with that big move. So glad you found time to go hiking. Love the hydrangeas! So pretty! I haven't had macaroni salad in years. Maybe it's time I get some!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you could take time to catch us up... it's so much work to move house, sell a house, buy a house that it's overwhelming. Good to sit by a river for an hour! Scritches to Bobbin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dressing on the macaroni salad sounds delicious & creamy. I'm going to have to try my hand at that one. Gracie & I would like to join you & Bobbin for a walk by the water. Sounds so very peaceful. Enjoy the relaxation while you can. Seems like you're very busy right now but, when the packing etc is over, things will be good again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just me checking in and hoping you're getting through it girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I don't envy you packing up your house. Such a big job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.