Wednesday, December 5, 2018

I Like Thursday #46

Welcome to my I Like Thursday posts #46.  Thank you sweet LeeAnna of Not Afraid of Color for encouraging me to find something to like during the week.  Sometimes it is easy, and lately I actually look for things I find amusing, or love.

During the holiday season there is so much going on, and many times we forget the reason we celebrate Christmas.  I love The Advent Project which is a selection writings, music and art created by the Center for Christianity, Culture and Arts of Biola University.




You can read more about it here

I like seeing people's decorations.  How often do we see something and say, "I have that!"  I don't think often.  I love snowmen and this guy was just too darn cute.  Love his bucket hat!  No I didn't buy him he was someone else's decoration.




Remember when Hostess quit making Twinkies?  My dad who is a sugar fiend about had a conniption fit.  In fact I think my dad bought several boxes at the time and has them squirreled away in his closet.  Now according to Bruce Willis' character in Die Hard they will last forever.


 I saw these Monday at the store. Ok, seriously I love Twinkies, I love peppermint...I am thinking the only way they could have made this better would to have developed a chocolate Twinkie with the peppermint cream.  No I didn't buy them, I was good. 



I like the Santa Stuff my stocking, Countdown to Christmas, 12 days of Christmas, and my favorite Bag Your Booty, sales happen during the holidays from quilt shops.  What better way to pick out some gifts for yourself for your family to give to you?  They don't have to worry about the size, wrong color.  Some of them you must sign up before the event starts, others you just get included in the event if you are on their e-mail list. 

Calico Gals
Bear Creek Quilting Gift Giving Guide 
Fabricworm

I am not an affiliate, nor am I receiving any compensation these were just a few in my inbox, check out your LQS.  Maybe they have a similar sale event happening.  I just think they are fun, and it is a great way to see new products.

I don't watch much TV, but I giggle seeing how excited people get about the Hallmark Christmas Movies that come out each year.  I see posts where people claim that is the only channel that is watched during the month of December.  What really made me smile though was someone mentioned that they watch them with their spouse and many evenings they play Christmas Movie Bingo!  Yep there are a ton of printables from different people all over the internet to play bingo as you watch the Christmas Movie of the day.  So if you are a Hallmark Christmas Movie devotee/aficionado, this may be a fun game for you....some of the spaces are Ugly Christmas Sweater, Flirty Snowball Fight While Wearing Hat and Mittens, Cute Friendly Dog, Dead Spouse/Parent, Ice Skating....you get the picture.  Use Hershey's kisses or or M & M's for markers.    Just Google Christmas Movie Bingo to see all the fun and print out your game cards. 



I like when I am out shopping and I see something that reminds me of a friend.  Like this guy I saw at the pet store the other day.

Hey Milo, he is supposed to be indestructible. 


Finally I saw this video and thought WOW!  I loved the energy and the singer isn't too hard on the eyes either.



Now head over to LeeAnna's and see the other I Like Thursday posts!
 

 








 


 



17 comments:

  1. It is amazing the different varieties of snack food these companies come up with. I love snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your post, especially loved the video. Amazing rendition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post this week! LeeAnna will go nuts for the flamingo :) Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Colette! WOW is right. That video! I would love to see their show. The energy and the drummers - holy moly. That's probably the best version of Little Drummer Boy I've heard. It usually isn't one of my favorites. Thanks so much for sharing it! Oh and the big flamingo is just perfect for Milo!! Happy Happy Thursday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red Twinkies are interesting. I haven't had a Twinkie in a long time, so maybe I need one of these. I'm not as good at passing things by as you are. That video...wow! Wouldn't that be an amazing concert to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG what a great post- I had to read it twice. Lee Anna would love that flamingo. I would have succumbed to the peppermint Twinkies even tho I haven't had a Twinkie for years! I lead such a sheltered life: I love Hallmark Christmas movies and think I've seen them all but didn't know about the bingo = hysterical. My brother and I joke about the similarities. thanks. mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I just watched our first Hallmark Christmas movie. It would have been fun to play the bingo game. Our movie included ice skating, runaway bride, and a guy with a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That video was really cool! And you're right about the singer. I'm ashamed to admit I didn't even know they stopped making twinkies! I do love Die Hard though, it's about time to watch it again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! That is Evan's favorite Christian band, we have seen them in concert 4 times :) . I think they are in Grand Rapids this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I'm standing up cheering, fists in the air. That was truly astounding! None of them are hard on the eyes and I just LOVE to see musicians into their instruments. They all were! How did you find it and are there other videos like that? Peppermint twinkies... I'd have eaten them all on the way to checkout.
    Now tell me which store had an indestructible flaminog? Must. Have. Although it will be hard to watch Milo gnaw off a neck...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that snowman. I am amused by the movie bingo. lol. Peppermint Twinkies - I bet they'd be good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Advent Project looks interesting! Thanks for the idea. I love seeing other people's Christmas decorations, too, and I also like that snowman! Those peppermint Twinkies look dangerous, but are most likely yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE that rendition of Little Drummer Boy. Would love to listen again holding a peppermint twinkie watching a fav dog play with their new toy but alas. You didnt purchase any twinkies. Did you take your temperature? Something not right LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know what to expect with the video, that it would be a Christmas choice, I mean. Very neat, wonderful drumming.
    SO many interesting things...peppermint twinkies and that
    movie bingo game, and the world loving those Hallmark movies.
    I too love all the anticipatory things about Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My youngest son was/is a drummer. I just sent him the link to that song.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoy seeing other people's Christmas decorations as well. Can't quite get past the red color of those Twinkies but I'm sure I'd still eat one without too much persuasion if one appeared in front of me. Hope your weekend has been wonderful so far.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool video. Thanks for sharing. I think Milo would have no trouble deconstructing that flamingo. I'd add that little snowman to my collection, too.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.