Saturday, August 31, 2019

Arizona Love

I love Arizona.  Well I love the Southwest as a whole and I go every chance I get, which meant that I was going to subject Aubri to the places I love too!

Our first stop was Horseshoe Bend.  Since it was early morning we did the hike to the promontory.

Then we headed off to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. 

Instead of going to the North Rim lodge we went out toward Cape Imperial and Cape Royal.







 Aubri Jo and Bobbin sat still long enough for a picture.
 There flowers were full of bees and oh the scent!


 The view with the tree and the shadows.

 It has been so long since I had been out this way I don't remember seeing this sign about the excavations of the delta, nor the Anasazi.
 Angel's Window I would have loved to walk out, but Aubri is a wee bit terrified of heights so it was a no go.



I love the colors of the canyon, the play of light and shadow with the strata of the rock.  After a quick stop at the lodge we headed 110 mile North West toward Zion National park to do a drive through look see for Aubri.  We drove in from the Mt. Carmel Junction through the tunnel.  Aubri loved it!


 A window in the tunnel.
We then headed toward Cedar City Utah for a good night's sleep.  We packed in a lot of miles and a lot of sight seeing in one day.



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us on your trip too. I can see why you love it. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous landscape--my son and DIL hiked through there before they had their two girls...it is an amazing landscape--the colors are beautiful...lovely photos...thanks for sharing..looks like Aubri and Bobbin are fast friends...hugs, Julierose (from sea level lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a beautiful area and your pictures capture it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m so envious! I love road trips, and I’ve never explored this part of the country. Aubri is so lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.