Wednesday, August 28, 2019

I Like #72 and Road Tripping 2019

Since I am back from my country wide jaunt I have so much to share, some of it can be put into an I Like Post.

I like driving, getting lost and spying interesting places to stop.  Like Lincoln's Log Cabin near Lerna, Illinois. 

This was not a cabin that Abraham Lincoln lived in, but his father Thomas.  As we drove down farm roads looking fr the site,  we came across this cemetery where Thomas Lincoln was buried.

Lincoln's Cabin is a State Historic site.  I will say it is a very nice park, and the museum was very neat with lots of information, and interactive displays.

Thomas Lincoln's blanket chest that he made out of walnut.

Replicas of the broken dishes found in the fire pit behind the Lincoln cabin which were discovered during an archaeological dig in 1978.  I can really relate to finding dishes, glassware, and crockery all over my farm too!

I spied this neat quilt in a display about quilting and other pastimes. 
Some more of the display. 

There were some neat plants as we wandered around looking at the barns and outbuildings.

Garlic and it was huge!
I was fascinated with these, I have no idea what they are but they were interesting.

I was very excited to see they had a small quilt display in the theater.





Unfortunately Aubri and I never did figure out what building was the cabin.  You can read more about it here- Lincoln Log Cabin, and Lincoln Log Cabin Historical Site.


8 comments:

  1. Interesting finds. Love seeing sights like that. Quilts were a plus too! Corn and beans is on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt display--love those old-timey colors...looks like a fascinating stop..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered where you were! Galavanting around the country? lol
    I liked Ill. when we went through...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! Those quilts are beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Colette! I've missed you - I'm so glad you're back from your travels. It sounds like you had a lot of fun, and I'll bet it's nice to be back home for a bit. How's little Bobbin? ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those quilts are great! Sounds like a fun time. Nice to "see" you again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you're having a great summer. I love the beautiful quilts you found in your travels. I'm sure it's nice to be home too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, love the pics of the antique quilts. Travelling always is such an education. And ha, we just found several intact glass bottles buried in our double lot here, the house built in 1947. They were around the fire pit that got dug up and we believe they used to burn garbage and well glass doesn't burn...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.