Wednesday, December 25, 2019

I Like Thursday #89

Welcome to my 89th I Like Thursday post. 

Thank you LeeAnna of Not Afraid of Color for encouraging us to find, and share things we find during the week that we like.


I hope you all had a Merry Christmas with your family and loved ones.  

Bobbin enjoyed her Christmas she got a red Christmas unicorn squeaky toy.

I like having  dog that likes to play, even though there are times it is really annoying.  When I am on the phone or talking to someone squeaky toys are squeaked at high volume and at a rapid pace, especially if I am on the phone speaking to my mom.

Lately if I want to attend a church function it is a bit of a sprint.  After work, I have to hurry home, feed and water my critters, change and head out, so I have been taking a lot of back roads to avoid all the traffic through town.  I love all the Christmas lights on the houses, and farms along the way, but this is one of my favorites.

A combine all decorated with Santa as the driver.

We don't exchange gifts for adults in my family, maybe something small. I love this little pouch I got from my sister this year.

I like during the holidays at one of the local children's hospitals that there is a sponsored event called Moonbeams for Sweet Dreams.

You can read a little blurb more about it here too!

Finally the latest book I read and enjoyed was Paper, Scissors, Death by Joanna Campbell Slan.

Kiki Lowenstein receives the news that her husband has been found naked, and dead in a hotel room.  The police say he had a heart attack.  Kiki insists not.  After her husband, George's death things go from bad to worse.  Soon Kiki and her daughter are living in a small house in a not so nice part of town, and Kiki is struggling to make ends meet while working at a scrapbook store.  Great book, lots of twists, turns, at times you do want to shake her and tell her to grow a backbone, but you definitely keep reading to cheer her on and hope that the under dog wins the day.

Now head over to LeeAnna's at Not Afraid of Color and check out the other I Like Thursday posts!





10 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Collette! Great likes! I love that combine too! Farmers often have such a great sense of humor! Bobbin sure does look like he is enjoying his new toy! Have a great week and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas lights, and that is a fun one! Bobbin's squeaky toy is pretty cute - but somehow I think she's trying to tell you something when you're on the phone, lol! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute toy for bobbin...Unicorn Santa lol
    Not very any lights around here this year...but as long as you feel light inside that is what counts...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great likes. Bobbin is so adorable and yes trying to get your attention to play. Cool combine lights

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lotta lights on that combine! Looks like a great squeaky toy. Sometimes the price of happiness is a little annoyance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Colette! I think Bobbin and her new toy are delightful. Dogs seem to have an innate instinct about when the squeaky toy would be the most annoying time to play with it. It does make me giggle just to think of it! Will you still be working after the holidays? I wasn't sure if it was a temporary position or if you still get to practice your FMQ in decorating. {{Hugs}} I hope your Christmas was fabulous. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like Bobbin had a great holiday! I love seeing the holiday lights this time of year. I hope you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great Christmas for all including little Bobbin. Tractors get decorated in fields here for the holidays and several are in lonely spots so very nice to come across. I hope you get a chance to put your feet up and sit back and relax too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you enjoyed a nice Christmas. Love your little pouch! Ah, squeaky dog toys! Not being a dog person, I had no idea, until my daughter got a dog. Annoying, yes, but pretty funny! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a playing dog too... every night I do a roundup of all the toys Milo put around the family room that night in his frenzy. I know work has taken up a lot of time for you, and hope it all settles into feeling right soon... you're certainly more busy than you were aren't you? how are the new kittens adjusting? happy new year to you all. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.