Wednesday, May 27, 2020

I Like Thursday #111

Welcome to my 111th I Like Thursday post.

I love my Ninja that I can use to make smoothies.  The kids have discovered smoothies so it is MIA a lot.  I decided that I would buy them one so that I can have mine back.

I was told that I spoil them.  I made a smoothie with fresh strawberries, bananas, some frozen peaches, honey Greek yogurt, some cream, and orange juice.  I have been eating my large meal around 2 pm but need something later in the evening.  This hits the spot.

I bought a puzzle board.  That way you can put it up when you want to use your table.  There are drawers in the side for sorting.

A new towel spied heading over to general merchandise at work.

I got this candle for Mother's Day.

Homesick candles are awesome.  Per their website:   Oregon

Like a breakfast in the great forests of Oregon, this fragrance is reminiscent of maple, pears, and roasted almonds layered over a complex base of fir needles, pine, sandalwood, and rich cedar.

Top Note: Fir Pine, Hazelnut, maple
Mid Note: Pear, Cedarwood, Sandalwood
Base Note: Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Musk


Homesick Candles 

I have not affiliation with Homesick Candles I just love their product.  

I think I forgot to share the pincushion I was gifted.  One of the older ladies at church was having problems with her sewing machine.  It was at the beginning of COVID.  We met and I took it out of her car and put it in my car.  Socially distancing.  

 It only took me 15 minutes to fix her machine.  As soon as I fixed it I returned it to her.  Wiping down the case and machine with Clorox Wipes as I left it on her porch.  She came out handed me a bag of what she said were egg cartons, and in it was a thank you note and the lovely strawberry.  

The kids had seen a video and loved it!  They thought for sure that I owned the movie Grease.  Unfortunately I didn't.  I do now!

Sometimes when you are having a hard day, sitting and watching a movie like this just makes you smile.  I will admit it is the first time I have turned a TV on in my house in about 6 months. 

I saw a reference to The Knife Angel when I was reading my Bible devotional one morning.  I went to look up the reference and found this article.

The Knife Angel

All I could think of when I saw it was that it evoked so many different emotions. 

My cousin shared this art initiative on the North Coast of California. 

Otter Initiative, you can read more about it. 

The books I have been enjoying this week are A Treacherous Trader the 4th installment of the
This is the 4th installment of the Antiques and Collectible Mysteries.  Molly has went to Vermont to make plans for her upcoming wedding which is to take place in 6 months.  A vintage wedding gown, missing jewelry and there are mysteries to be solved. 

The next book I am reading is Blackberry Burial a Berry Basket Mystery.  I love books that take place in fictional places in the state I live.  


Now head over to LeeAnna's at Not Afraid of Color to check out the other I Like Thursday posts. 












11 comments:

  1. I love Grease! So fun to sing along with it! That candle sounds like it smells yummy - I wonder how they do that?! Love the otter sculptures, too. It would be fun to spot some when visiting Oregon. Your quilts in the previous post are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Colette! I have never made a smoothie or even had one but they sure look tasty. We have our large meal of the day early and then need a little something later in the day. It looks like a smoothie would be the perfect choice. How nice that you could help your friend with her sewing machine. What a lovely surprise in the pincushion. I have never heard of the Knife Angel - I will have to look that up. And Grease - I love that movie! You're the one that I want, ooh, ooh, ooh. Oh good, more books for me to check out. Take care, my friend. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That knife initiative is neat. I should make some smoothies. I just never know what to put in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those candles sound interesting. I need to start making smoothies again, now that summer is here ( we've been at or near 90 degrees for days. Our library is till closed and I really miss it. I prefer print to digital, but I may have to give in and download some ebooks if they don't reopen soon.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a ninja system and make smoothies all the time. Sometimes I'll have one for lunch. You can pile in a lot of healthy things. I've never heard of the knife angel...interesting. Hope it isn't too hot down your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm... that smoothie looks good! Puzzle board with drawers? cool! That strawberry is cute! What a nice thank you. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again I am blown away by the interesting subjects you post. How fun.
    I might need to get a Ninja.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great likes! Your smoothies sound wonderful! Puzzle board? Cool gadget, have to let my neighbors know about that. They've been doing a lot of puzzles during the pandemic. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smoothies are so good! We have a Bullit, whatever that is. The Knife Angel is a little scary! Grease is so fun to watch right now. Takes your mind away from Covid and protests!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhhh so many fun things to see and hear about. I like the idea of a puzzle table for sure, and all the rest. It's like a visit with you Colette...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love smoothies and usually eat my big meal at three.... Love the pincushion. Always love the things you find interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.