Wednesday, February 17, 2021

I Like Thursday #148

 Welcome to my 148th I Like Thursday post.  Thank you LeeAnna for encouraging us to find things that we like, are positive, or uplifting to share.  

I survived Paczki Day!  I had a some help at least.  Saturday I made 240 boxes.  Sunday I was off.  Monday I went in at midnight and on top of doing donuts that day with some help we made about 400 boxes of Paczki.  Tuesday morning I braved the blizzard and we made 576 individual Paczek for the showcase, and over 800 boxes of Paczki.  We laughed when it was all over and called it the great Paczki Debacle because with all the snow and ice, there were very few customers.  You can read more about Paczki here.  Since Wednesday is the beginning of Lent, it isn't like you could push Paczki day back because of the weather.  This is my 2nds year, and I think I should get a shirt that states "I survived Paczki Day!".  

Since I have been working a lot of  12 hour days it was a challenge to come up with some things to share.  I do love the creativity of the M & M bags though.

Friends don't let Friends eat chocolate Alone!

Emotional Support Candy.

This morning I spied some lovely plants at work.

These beautiful tulips.  They reminded me of a summer, all oranges and yellow!

Small pots of Pinks!  I just love these little old fashioned plants.  My great grandmother always planted pinks in her yard.  

Thanks for stopping by now head over to Not Afraid of Color to see the other I Like Thursday posts.





12 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of paczki day before so am off to follow your link. It's great you can find some positives in your busy days - those flowering plants are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the paczki queen for sure. Thats a LOT of paczki.whats your favorite flavor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Paczki sounds like an enormous undertaking! All of our pre-lent and Ash Wednesday celebrations (which were already pandemicized) were cancelled because of the giant snowstorm, but we're observing ash wednesday to day via zoom, so there's that at least! Alas, no delicious shrove Tuesday baked goods, but we'll live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you survived Paczki Day! Hope they didn't all go to waste because of the bad weather. The flowers are a beautiful sight for all of us who are just seeing white right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tulips! They are my favorite! I like pinks too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This household loves Paczkis! Unfortunately, due to the weather, we only got a 4-pk this year. We usually go through about a dozen of those delicious doughnuts! Love seeing those flowers. Spring is not too far away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tulips! I don't know - I think solo chocolate is fine! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you survived the busy day! Tulips just scream spring to me. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've reminded me that I want to plant carnations. They're from my childhood days, too. Next year I'm going to look for paczkis.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really did survive Paczski Day! It sounds like a lot of work! Love the flowers. So nice to remind us of Spring! Love the chocolate too! I can never say no to chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh...I love the emotional support....just great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow that's a lot of paczkis! You must have been tired. How nice to see tulips and pinks. Thanks for sharing them. Still very much a white world here so nice to be reminded that technically, at least, spring is around the corner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.