Wednesday, December 29, 2021

I Like Thursday #187

 I have been MIA the past few weeks when it comes to I Like Thursday.  I have been working a lot, and sometimes holidays are tough.  I survived, though and am looking forward to 2022.  Thank you LeeAnna for encouraging us, even through the hard times, to find things to share that we like/love to share.  

I enjoyed the Virtual Cookie exchange and had to try a couple of new recipes.  Believe me I gained the 5 lbs to show it too!  

I made the Lemon Snowball cookies which was shared by Carol of Just Let Me Quilt.  I bought a really good lemon flavoring from a new local cake and cookie shop, and I will say it made a world of difference adding to the lemon taste.  

I also made the oreo truffles which were shared by Joan of Moosestash Quilting.  They were so fun, and simple to make especially if you have a Cuisinart.  My daughter said that the kids didn't even give her a chance to sample them once they brought them home.

With the previous year's problems with shipping, this year I decided to just do gift cards for my family in Oregon.  I bought a whole lot of gift card holders too.  With every 3 cards I purchased I could get a free plushie.   I ended up with 4 plushies, which I thought I would donate to Toys for Tots.  Except every time I turned around Bobbin was digging through the bag and stealing a toy.  

My daughter finally just handed her a toy, the day she came to pick up the bag to take to donate.  I tried to explain to Bobbin that it means that some poor child will not get a toy for Christmas.  Obviously Bobbin didn't really care.  

I had to buy Bobbin a new pet fountain. Not too shabby the previous one lasted over 3 years.  

I received some really neat gifts.  

Some decorations and fabric from Barbara of Wont to be Quilter.

Dawn of Relaxing Robin sent me 12 days of Christmas.

A cute Christmasy Mug Rug
A cute pinnie with a milk can

My kids have decided that I should be traveling more too.  I received some neat gifts related to travel.

A survival knife, cordless charger, and a solar power bank.  I also received a National Park pass.  

And a really neat Red Truck.

My brother's family sent us all personalized water bottles.  

I tried to avoid too many purchases but I was looking for one of those neat boxes they sell during the holidays to put the huge pile of cookie cutters we have amassed in, since they kind of outgrew the box that we had previously.  While out and about I found this really cool red glass Christmas tree.

I also found the box!

I haven't been doing much sewing with my crazy schedule, but I started to put together the Joy in the Journey quilt.  I managed to get 1 1/2 rows done today, even though I had a ton of cleaning to do....putting Christmas decorations away, laundry and other fun tasks.  

I have done a lot of reading.  A few of the books I have read.

Aunt Dimity's Death by Nancy Atherton.  Lori thought that Aunt Dimity was a fictional character of her mother's made up stories.  Then Lori receives a letter and comes to realize that Aunt Dimity was actually a friend of her mother's, and is given the task of writing a preface to a book full of her stories. Lori is given all the correspondence between her mother and Dimity, begins to explore why Dimity never married, after finding a mysterious photograph in the letters.  

The next book was Bear Witness by J. and D. Bruges.  It is the 2nd book in the Naomi Manymules Mysteries.  

 A Hollywood production is coming to small Sage Landing with a load of high maintenance stars.  Add an old boyfriend of Naomi's and a missing star, who had a bar fight with the high school principle that turns up dead and there are lots of suspects.  

Now head over to LeeAnna's at Not Afraid of Color to check out the other I Like Thursday posts. 
















13 comments:

  1. Lovely gifts you've received! I hope your New Year is a healthy and a Happy one--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"m mia too... wishing you happiness and peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back! You did receive lots of fun gifts! Love your tree display, too. Your Joy in the Journey quilt is looking great - such a neat variety of blocks. Happy New Year, Colette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to have you back! You received some great gifts. I love your blocks. I'm wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Colette! I'm sorry you had to work so much, but it doesn't surprise me one bit. If I had a great employee like you . . . well, I wouldn't work you to death but can see why they do. What fun collection of gifts. I hope you get to enjoy that National Park pass soon! I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post today! Christmas is hard on all those who work retail. This year seems everyone was on "their last nerve"! We've been doing Gift Cards for years. It seems like young ones especially have more than they need at Christmas and when it's all over, they can fill in any gaps that appear. Hope you have a Happy New Year. Looking forward to your posts in 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oreo truffles rock. I'm not surprised they weren't shared! Those snowball cookies look delicious. I like the personalized water bottle. Lots of good stuff! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I noticed you hadn't posted for a few weeks and hoped it was because you were super busy at work. I need to go look for that lemon snowball recipe. I love lemony baked goods. And a nice haul you got for Christmas. Hopefully things will settle down at work and you can get more sewing done.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great gifts (love the truck!) but I really love your quilt! Can't wait to see it finished! Have a safe and happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joy in the Journey is looking wonderful. What a great post...you got some neat things for Christmas esp. the travel gear and the red truck. I also love that red Christmas tree you found. I hope 2022 will be an awesome year for you Colette.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How are you still finding time to cook with all your packing? The cookies look and sound yummy. Your quilt is looking great. So many fun likes today! You will enjoy your pass to the parks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just realized this is an older post. I wonder why it popped up in my email. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.