Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sultry Thursday in May?

I know the rest of the country has been having abnormal weather, and here in Michigan.  It is hot, and sultry.  I hate to turn on the air conditioner already so I am up early in the morning, open the windows, turn on the ceiling fans trying to get the cool air circulating.  If it is hot and humid in May what is the rest of the summer going to be like?

Because it is hot though I am avoiding the barn to pin baste my quilt obviously because yesterday I finished piecing the backing fabric for the Ginger Rose.

Yet it is sitting on the sunroom couch.  I got distracted when I received my stash enhancement for the back of my hugs and kisses quilt.

The houndstooth will be the back, and the pink grunge will be the binding when I get there.  Then I decided I wanted to add a bit to the back so I started these.

Yes my first real foray into paper piecing.  I received these lovely alphabet (upper and lower case) and signs and numbers from Kristy at Quiet play  when I won a give away a couple of months ago.   The few times I have attempted paper piecing it has been a disaster, but these were relatively simple.  If you would like some of your own, the patterns are called Just My Type and the store on Etsy is QuietPlay.  She has some wonderful patterns. 

OK I have to fix my computer and I have a bunch more letters to finish maybe this evening I will have DH move tables down to the barn floor and work on my quilt instead of being in the loft. 

Happy Thursday and stay cool!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, your Ginger Rose quilt looks gorgeous. The colors all work so well together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.