Friday, February 2, 2018

A Getaway and Fiber Acquisition Day 2

Welcome back to my Fiber Acquisition trip day 2.

When I awoke Saturday morning it was pouring.  I was a wee bit disappointed the weatherman lied....I had breakfast and set off for my next day's adventures.  Forty one miles away, but with the roads it was over an hour driving, I was headed from Millersburg to Mt. Vernon, Ohio.

Along the way I saw Ohio's Longest Covered Bridge.  No I didn't stop it was pouring so I am stealing a stock photo. 

I arrived in Mt. Vernon and the Paw Patch Quilt Shop.  Cute little shop.  They have some cottons, but they also have wool!

Very sweet ladies, and an adorable shop mascot.  

I found some gorgeous orange batik fat quarters.

A super cute pattern by Primitive Gatherings.

And wool.  On sale! 

I headed back out into the rainy weather on my way to Red Rooster Fabric Shop  in Corbin Mills, Ohio.  About an hour away on the Northwest outskirts of Columbus, OH. 

Nice shop, gorgeous in fact.  Lots to choose from.  


I found some great grays, and a pretty red, like the yellow I had found in other shops, and some fun tiny scissors.

They had 3 yard cuts on sale for about $20 a roll. 

And more wool.  I kind of like these little packets with some colors that I could use. 

When I left it was still raining and I wanted to go to a shop called The Laughing Ewe in Canal Winchester, Ohio.  But my GPS on my phone didn't want to work.  Urgh!  So I went to McDonalds, I know not the best lunch in the world, but hey they have free wifi.  I got my GPS going and only 60 miles away.  Except.....Columbus has so much road construction and detours and very strange exits, and the lying GPS on a couple of instances it too me more like 1 1/2 hours to find the shop.  I will say I had a fun time at The Laughing Ewe

The owner was fun to talk to, and oh the fabric, and the wool, and they had Aurifil Lana Wool thread which I love! 


Gorgeous hand dyed wools.

Wool scraps by the pound.  When doing wool applique this is fabulous.

Fun cottons.  I saw this and had to have some.  I have a plan for you my pretty.

Lots of wool kits.  I just had to have this sweet fall fox.

As I left the shop, the rain stopped and instead of doing one more shop I decided to head toward home.  While it had poured all day down in southern Ohio.  Northern Ohio, and Southern Michigan had a dry, warm day.  Seriously?

I had a wonderful get away, had lots of fun fiber acquisitions and had a better attitude once I got home. 








14 comments:

  1. That red barn fabric would be great with the John Deere tractors. That fox is adorable. I've only worked with wool one time (a needle keeper we made at guild).

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a fun adventure you had with some great fabrics and places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day you had--despite the rain. Nothing like fabric acquisition to make the sun shine...
    Lots of wool there--a new project perchance???hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a wonderful trip! With all the quilt stores nearby, I don't have to travel far to shop. Though the adventure of new shops sounds appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, lots of acquisitions to keep you busy :) I think I have been to Red Rooster. The wools you got are sure pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't have resisted that Fox kit either. You are having a ball! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s nice to get away and to fabric shops, I think you hit the jackpot. Lots of beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a wonderful outing - in spite of the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does sound like a great getaway. Sometimes it helps to change things up to get a new attitude. Have fun with the new fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the foxy kit. It's gonna be fun to see what you make with all the beautiful wool felts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry it was raining but it didn't seem to stop the fun....what wonderful purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you took quit a wonderful trip ! I have a friend that does wool applique, she loves it. I am going to try some in the near future. Have fun with that fox kit....Shabby Fabrics has an old truck BOM series I wanted to do, but I already had too many other BOM's going on so will do the trucks (LOVE,LOVE!) if they come out individually.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great shops! Looks like you had a lot of fun too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping in to visit.